2012 Letters to Santa Show Announced

Didn't see this posted anywhere else.

http://letterstosantachicago.com/

The Second City That Never Sleeps: Letters to Santa

24 HOURS OF IMPROV AND MUSIC

Second City e.t.c. Theatre - Tuesday, December 18 6pm - Wednesday, December 19 @ 6pm

$20 ticket good for all 24 hours (as long as you can find a seat). Tickets to be purchased at the door the night of the event. This event is open to all ages. Chicago Liquor laws and curfew laws apply. We will stream the event for free at LETTERSTOSANTACHICAGO.COM as well as GIGITY.TV

JEFF TWEEDY AUCTION ITEM- A private living room concert. You pick 30 songs for JEFF TWEEDY to play in your living room for you and 29 friends. Last year this item went for $23,000.

The recipients of your generosity will be families from Chicago's own Onward Neighborhood House.Check it out.

SCHEDULE

6:00PM - FRED SCHNEIDER

7:30PM - ROBBIE FULKS

9:30PM - JEFF TWEEDY

12:00AM- KIM DEAL

2:30AM - JC BROOKS & THE UPTOWN SOUND / FRED ARMISEN

5:00AM - TBA

7:30AM - BONNIE PRINCE BILLY

10:00AM- NATE SILVER & STEVE ALBINI

12:00PM- JENNY GILLESPIE

2:00PM - TBA

4:30PM - THE BLISTERS

FEATURED IMPROVISERS

RYAN ARCHIBALD

EMILY CANDINI

DINA FACKLIS

SCOTT GOLDSTEIN

SHELLY GOSSMAN (SULLIVAN & SON/ EX-SNL WRITER)

TJ JAGODOWSKI

BRENDAN JENNINGS

MICHAEL PATRICK O'BRIEN (7 MINUTES OF HEAVEN/ SNL WRITER)

SAM RICHARDSON

TIM ROBINSON (SNL)

REBECCA SOHN

RICH SOHN

FRED ARMISEN (SNL)

SUDEIKIS & WILDE featuring JASON SUDEIKIS & OLIVIA WILDE

I didn't go last year, but in all other years nobody was shut out during the Tweedy performance. Getting there at doors opening time has always gotten everybody in as far as I know. I will say that the lineup looks better than ever this year though so maybe that will change things. Jeff is also playing a bit later than the last few years if my memory is correct.

I have no idea what WBEZ 91.5 is or what time this show is broadcast, but some of you may be able to make more of this by following the link ...

During his remarks at Sunday's memorial for the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting, President Obama called for change. We begin a series of conversations about what change might look like. Plus, Wilco's Jeff Tweedy talks about his upcoming marathon fundraiser.

http://storify.com/WBEZ/afternoon-shift-212-time-for-change?awesm=sfy.co_cC1G&utm_medium=sfy.co-twitter&utm_campaign=&utm_content=storify-pingback&utm_source=direct-sfy.co

Jeff played an acoustic "You Are Not Alone"

talked about how the event came about 10+ years ago, The Blisters, the concept of the event, song requests, the auctions. Kinda snoozy. 

Since the tour finished up, Jeff said he's mostly been working on Mavis' second record which will be finished next month.

Doors open 5:45PM. 

Jeff played an acoustic "You Are Not Alone"

Just curious--did Jeff or the interviewer make any reference to the school shootings when he sang You Are Not Alone? That song came up on my iPod over the weekend and it hit me as particularly poignant and consoling. Sorry to bring up a horrible topic, but given the timing of the interview, I wondered if they might have made some connection.