• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still looking for a hotel for solid sound? It looks like I made a reservation at Maple Terrace that I forgot about. The hotel just emailed me asking me to prepay in full by April 15--a total of approx. $820 for 4 nights, 6/20-6/24. The room has 2 double beds. This is a nice motel in Williamstown about 4 miles from Mass MoCA. I've already booked at another hotel.

I could just cancel this reservation without penalty but before I did that I thought I'd see if anyone here wants it. PM me if interested. If no one contacts me by Thursday I'll just cancel.

Bump. I'm going to call and cancel this today. PM me before noon if you want the reservation.

SO can anyone recommend great breakfest/lunch/dinner places in North Adams? I mean besides eating at the festivel itself, was curious if there are places you reccommend (and im referring to non-chain/fast food stuff).

I didn't find anything that great in North Adams or Williamstown, to be honest. The best food, coffee, bloody marys  :yes etc. were at the festival.

Leo's in Williamstown is good for breakfast.  Unfortunately, Adams is not really that close. We've found that we've eaten all of our meals except breakfast at MASS MoCA.  If you want a real sit down meal, it's fun to eat at Grammercy Bistro, right on campus.  But, make a reservation otherwise you can't rely on getting a table.

so for those of you following along at home, I was able to work out a way to leave on Monday instead of Sunday...so yeah, I'll be able to experience the entire weekend!! yippie.

Already changed airline (no fees - thanks SouthWest!)...and my hotel was available for the extra night too.

Congratulations! You won't regret it. We will have to stage a VC get-together at some point so people can meet. Maybe Friday?

can I get a booth near the kitchen ?

It's yours. Watch out for the swinging doors.

Hey that rhymes. I should offer it to Tweedy.

Diane, you're on. Donna Quixote...I like it. now excuse me, I have windmills at which to tilt.

SO can anyone recommend great breakfest/lunch/dinner places in North Adams? I mean besides eating at the festivel itself, was curious if there are places you reccommend (and im referring to non-chain/fast food stuff).

http://www.publiceatanddrink.com/

It's a very short walk from MassMOCA and opened in 2011, so dunno if it was open during the last SolidSound. I've had good food there twice, plus they have great beers

Over in tiny but charming Williamstown, we've often eaten at Thai Garden and once at Spice Root. Both decent/good if you're in the mood for some Asiatic fare. And further down the street there's excellent coffee at Tunnel City Coffee. Think they offer some breakfast options, counter service only

There's a good coffee shop directly across the street from the entrance to Mass MoCA called Brew Haha, and right around the corner from that--near the Holiday Inn--is The Hub. Both of these are convenient, good local places. The Hub in particular has a varied menu and is a good value.

There's a good coffee shop directly across the street from the entrance to Mass MoCA called Brew Haha, and right around the corner from that--near the Holiday Inn--is The Hub. Both of these are convenient, good local places. The Hub in particular has a varied menu and is a good value.

Agreed on The Hub...I would have posted this myself but I was unsure I was remembering the name correctly. Their food was good, and very reasonably priced. :yes

Helloooo VC, long time no see.   For anyone in need of a roof and running water, I am in Troy, NY about 45 min - 1 hour from North Adams.  Have a free bed and a couch to offer.  I'll be volunteering at the festival (don't know my schedule yet).  

Also have a primitive camping spot available right on the NY/MA border in Petersburgh -- about 20 minutes from North Adams?  No phone, no lights, no motorcars.  Well, not really, bring your motor car, by all means.  Off the grid.

Just putting it out there if anyone is in dire need of a place to crash.  :ike

Here's some interesting information about exhibits and installations for this year's festival. I'm intrigued by the Loft installation!

http://music.broadwayworld.com/article/Wilco-Crafted-Installations-Set-for-SOLID-SOUND-2013-621-23-20130425

Wow, I love all the outdoorsy stuff they have going this year!  I was just thinking this morning about the falconry thing from last time, which I missed.  This year's Solid Sound goal:  drink less beer and do more cool stuff!

Here's some interesting information about exhibits and installations for this year's festival. I'm intrigued by the Loft installation!

http://music.broadwayworld.com/article/Wilco-Crafted-Installations-Set-for-SOLID-SOUND-2013-621-23-20130425

Oh man, as if I wasn't excited enough already. Thanks Wilco Me.

Also, I've been meaning to ask: How does the admission process work at S.S.? Do we keep our ticket stubs on us? Are there bracelets? Just curious.