• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second golden ticket was found! >> RT @SolidSoundFest: News Flash: The 2nd #SolidSolid2013 / @mastbrothers Golden Ticket was found in Chicago @OliviasMarket. 3 Tix remain http://t.co/MoQI59gZGn

So that means that these two winners are some combination of Charlie Bucket, Mike Teevee, and/or Augustus Gloop...and that one of the three of them is still at large, along with whoever it is that turns out to be Veruca Salt & Violet Beauregarde...sheesh, I'm hoping that it's Charlie that's left & that Charlie is me...or...I got four bars left & two of them are going to female friends of mine, so I'm hoping that one, or both of them, are Veruca, and/or Violet- one is part of a 50th birthday present packet for a friend that I'll deliver on 5/28 in Rochester, & another is part of a belated birthday packet for a friend who last year got me a lottery ticket for my birthday that I won $50 on, so I'm hoping the Karmic Mojo is there on that one- that one gets delivered on 5/24 in Buffalo...so watch for the headlines here first folks.

I don't know where my extra bar is going yet- maybe to me! I gave two away to friends already- both to huge fans who are already going to the Festival, but who both adored the whole idea of the Wonka related adventure.

One was from Buffalo & he was just up here & watched the great documentary "Nothing Can Hurt Me: The Big Star Story" last night & the other one let me stay with her in Brooklyn when I just just up there last week guitar & amp shopping (went to the actual Mast Brothers shop where they were 3 for $20, & got a cool hald dozen)...BTW I scored an old 1983 Fillerton era re-issue '57 Tobacco Sunburst Stratocaster, a Black Jazzmaster with a '63 body, new Vintage pick-ups & custom ebony fretboard thin neck (complete with the correct Fender logo on it) & a transition year Silver Face Fender Deluxe Reverb amp with all Black Face insides & another Fender Deluxe Reverb Silver Face with all Black Face insides & an upgraded higher output, higher end Jensen speaker in it... the guitars & amps are a dream, & candy bars were delicious but no Golden Tickets...

Wouldn't it be great if there were 3 guys & 2 gals who won though?

This is great fun, thanks Wilco!!!!

I am wondering what everyone's experience has been in years past transferring camping passes. I very much would like to come, but staying in the main campground might be a big deal breaker for our group. We will have a 2 yr old with us, and this way mom/dad and baby can come and go as they please, and my wife and I can stay into the night and no one has a tough time getting home.

I had found someone with an extra camping pass but the box office said they aren't going to be allowing transfers of camping passes!?

Any info most appreciated!

For those who have children >> Story Pirates Writing Contest | Solid Sound 2013

Just an FYI for those with kids, The Story Pirates are amazing! My kid entered a contest of theirs a few years back and actually won. Amazingly enough, they turned his story into a song that was broadcast on sattelite radio - one of his most favorite accomplishments, listen to it at the link below

Angry : The Story Pirates

See you in a few weeks!

I'd love to know whether any or all of the golden ticket winners were already planning to go to Solid Sound. My guess is that most would have been, because if they're already aware of Wilco and live within reasonable driving distance and were willing to spend $7-$9 on a chocolate bar, you'd think the festival would have already been on their radar. But that's just a guess. It'd be interesting to know.

I'd love to know whether any or all of the golden ticket winners were already planning to go to Solid Sound. My guess is that most would have been, because if they're already aware of Wilco and live within reasonable driving distance and were willing to spend $7-$9 on a chocolate bar, you'd think the festival would have already been on their radar. But that's just a guess. It'd be interesting to know.

I wasn't planning on going. Was a busy 2 days after finding it figuring out if I could make it and, where to stay, how to get there etc. Coming from Chicago. Can't wait.

Wait, laundrymachinedream and nalafej, are you guys saying you both got golden tickets???

A few weeks ago when I went on a search for the Mast Brothers Solid Sound Chocolate Bar, I first stopped by the Park Slope Food Coop (where the most recent golden ticket was discovered).  They wouldn't let me purchase the bars in their store as I am not a member.  Therefore, I thought I'd continue my journey and head to the Mast Brothers location to purchase a bar and visit their establishment.  I was not a winner...   :heartbroken

But a fun experience and I'll keep the wrapper as a collectible!

So happy for you, nalafej! :) Will this be your 1st Solid Sound? Did you find good lodging I hope?

Thanks (all)! I'm really excited. I do feel very very lucky. I bought two bars. Opened one right away and was going to save the 2nd as a souvenir, but three days later thought better of that, opened it and found the ticket. I was shocked to say the least.

I went to SS1 and had a great time. My wife is coming with this time and we are staying at a motel in Pittsfield and paid too much for my flight, but it will all be worth it.

If it works for Wilco, my request is going to be Pieholden Suite. It is the only great song (besides Sunloathe which I expect we're going to hear at SS) I have yet to hear Wilco play after 50 shows...

If it works for Wilco, my request is going to be Pieholden Suite. It is the only great song (besides Sunloathe which I expect we're going to hear at SS) I have yet to hear Wilco play after 50 shows...

Oh, what a great choice! I put that in as a request all the time and I don't think I've ever heard them play it at a show I've been to. That's very exciting for me personally. Stick to your guns!

Congratulations! How lucky! 

Now I'm even more excited for this show! It's one of my favorite songs! :hyper

Woo-hoo!!!!!!! Same boat, fewer shows attended. I love this song, and I am so excited to hear it. My excitement for SS just went up another notch!

Thanks (all)! I'm really excited. I do feel very very lucky. I bought two bars. Opened one right away and was going to save the 2nd as a souvenir, but three days later thought better of that, opened it and found the ticket. I was shocked to say the least.

I went to SS1 and had a great time. My wife is coming with this time and we are staying at a motel in Pittsfield and paid too much for my flight, but it will all be worth it.

As you know Pieholden Suite only works live with horns, like the record cut... I saw them play it at Tanglewood in 08 (? I think that was the year... They wore the Nudie Suits that night) with 'The Total Pros' horn section and it was great... I would love it if they had the horns back for SS3

As you know Pieholden Suite only works live with horns, like the record cut... I saw them play it at Tanglewood in 08 (? I think that was the year... They wore the Nudie Suits that night) with 'The Total Pros' horn section and it was great... I would love it if they had the horns back for SS3

I love the horns too. But at the recent Tweedy living room show, Jeff told us that the "saxophone" part on Capitol City was really Nels on guitar (!), so it wouldn't surprise me to find they could recreate horns all by themselves!

The 2001 & 2003 incarnations of Wilco did pull the song off without horns.

I doubt they'll have a ton of time to rehearse the song and agree they may pass on playing it.

Maybe I should just request Impossible Germany.

Hi guys~

Staying in a hotel at the Williams Inn, just 5 miles from the venue (booked the room a year in advance)!  My friend and I are crashing there already but have an extra bed (for 1-2 people) for friday and saturday night and are looking to defray costs.  If you're looking for lodging, we're friendly folks :).  If we fill the room with 4 people, it would be $125/person (total for both nights).  Let me know if you're interested!

The 2001 & 2003 incarnations of Wilco did pull the song off without horns.

I doubt they'll have a ton of time to rehearse the song and agree they may pass on playing it.

Maybe I should just request Impossible Germany.

I hope you're kidding about Impossible Germany. That's throwing away your request for sure, since I can't imagine a scenario where they WOULDN'T play that song. I don't know whether you golden ticket winners will submit your request ahead of time or just throw them at the band on the spot, but I'm sure they'll be able to do Pieholden, and just look how many of us are excited about hearing it live. :bounce8 I hope you're able to keep to that request--selfishly, I suppose.

Hi guys~

Staying in a hotel at the Williams Inn, just 5 miles from the venue (booked the room a year in advance)!  My friend and I are crashing there already but have an extra bed (for 1-2 people) for friday and saturday night and are looking to defray costs.  If you're looking for lodging, we're friendly folks :).  If we fill the room with 4 people, it would be $125/person (total for both nights).  Let me know if you're interested!

Just FYI, that's what I did in 2011, only in our case it was 4 people in the room, none of whom knew each other before that weekend. AND it was 2 women and 2 men. It worked out beautifully, and we all even stay in touch. Don't hesitate--Wilco fans are great people, for the most part.