The extended forecast for for 6/21 & 6/22 looks great!!
Fri Jun 21: Cloudy; High:79°; Low: 56°; Chance of rain: 10%;
Wind: SW at 5 mph
Sat Jun 22; Mostly Cloudy; High: 78° ;Low: 62°; Chance of rain: 10%
Wind: WSW at 6 mph
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/North+Adams+MA+USMA0282:1:US

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure y'all stick around for MMW...love them..I have seen them as many times as I have seen Wilco I believe..their shows are a bit out there however there shows are really worthwhile and they always seem to be reinventing themselves!

I just made dinner reservations for Saturday at Gramercy Bistro, right there on campus.  Open Table was wide open with reservation times, so if anyone thinks they may want to sit and be served for a little while, it might be a good idea to make a reservation.  Learn from my prior mistakes, it's hard to just walk in during Solid Sound.  Food is good, too.

If I've learned anything over the years its that the weather is unpredictable, and you shouldn't rely on weather reports, especially a week out.

Crossing my fingers.

Always travel with Gortex in tow.  It has save my day on more than a few occassions.  At a Radiohead mulit-band gig at the Meadowlands a handful of years back everyone was wearing trashbags and I was high and dry in my rain gear! :twitchsmile

Always travel with Gortex in tow. It has save my day on more than a few occassions. At a Radiohead mulit-band gig at the Meadowlands a handful of years back everyone was wearing trashbags and I was high and dry in my rain gear! :twitchsmile

Ah field day 2003! I was there! Beasties, blur, Elliott smith, mmj! Ten hours of rain good time!

Ah field day 2003! I was there! Beasties, blur, Elliott smith, mmj! Ten hours of rain good time!

That's the one.  Unfortunately, Beck fell on the way to the stage and his set was cancelled.  My buddie won a contest through EMI and they put us up in Manhattan for the weekend at a funky midtown hotel, tix to the Radiohead MTV2 taping at the Beacon Friday night and the Field Day show.  We caught Government Mule in Central Park in between.  It was a killer weekend.

Mass MoCA's phone number is 413-662-2111. If anyone has a chance to get in early and take a look around the museum, you should. There's so much happening during the festival that the fantastic art installations in the galleries necessarily get short shrift. 

Mass MoCA's phone number is 413-662-2111. If anyone has a chance to get in early and take a look around the museum, you should. There's so much happening during the festival that the fantastic art installations in the galleries necessarily get short shrift.

Those were my thoughts exactly. Thanks, Wilco Me - helpful as ever!

Does anybody need a hotel?  I have 2 rooms booked at the Comfort Inn in Great Barrington, which I think is about an hour away from North Adams.  I don't need them, but am going to get charged for them.  I would love to give them away!

I will making my first trip to SS this year. I've probably seen Wilco 60x, dating back to Johnny D's in Somerville, MA, Dec 1995. Very much looking forward to the trip. If you'd like to potentially hang, I'm at @autumnsouvenir.

Safe travels, everyone.

Chris

I will making my first trip to SS this year. I've probably seen Wilco 60x, dating back to Johnny D's in Somerville, MA, Dec 1995. Very much looking forward to the trip. If you'd like to potentially hang, I'm at @autumnsouvenir.

Safe travels, everyone.

Chris

Welcome, Chris. Stop by the Via Chicago table in the bar area if you feel like it. There'll be other solo travelers, I believe.

looks like the parking map is up...anyone have suggestions on the best parking area?

If you get there early you can park in #3 or right along River St, if you get there later I have no idea.