• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone with kids in tow wants to meet up at some point during the wknd, I'm @Heliotropist. Our daughters are 5 & 7 and this is our 3rd SSF.  We're arriving Thursday afternoon and our plan is to bop around downtown that evening, probably have dinner at PUBLIC eat+drink, then ice cream somewhere, then ultimately back to our hotel with an extra dose of melatonin for the kids whose excitement will keep them awake, I'm sure.

I've lurked here and rarely posted but it would be cool to meet up. :)

part of me wants the Bruins to lose tonight so i don't miss the potential clincher on Saturday...

After last night's heartbreaker, I'm resigned to watching Thursday's Spurs/Heat final in a Bennington, VT, bar.  :ohwell

I don't expect the atmosphere to be nearly as charged as it will be in my neighborhood in San Antonio. We've gathered around the bar in my neighbor's house and had a rollicking good time every game.

I have a friend who is the local weatherman and he says the National Weather Service is the most accurate forecaster. They're calling for mostly sunny Friday, high 77, mostly sunny Saturday, high 80, and 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, high 82. Sounds damn close to perfect!

If anyone with kids in tow wants to meet up at some point during the wknd, I'm @Heliotropist. Our daughters are 5 & 7 and this is our 3rd SSF.  We're arriving Thursday afternoon and our plan is to bop around downtown that evening, probably have dinner at PUBLIC eat+drink, then ice cream somewhere, then ultimately back to our hotel with an extra dose of melatonin for the kids whose excitement will keep them awake, I'm sure.

Would love to meet you & the fam. Come by the VC table in the bar/food area overlooking Courtyard C on Friday night...please folks, don't be shy. It's such a great chance to connect! Plus, free beef jerky! Homemade even. :)

Would love to meet you & the fam. Come by the VC table in the bar/food area overlooking Courtyard C on Friday night...please folks, don't be shy. It's such a great chance to connect! Plus, free beef jerky! Homemade even. :)

And, unless security stops us, we'll have some kind of sparkly sign designating the table as a gathering place for Via Chicago members and their friends. (Which doesn't, of course, preclude any other Wilco fans who haven't managed to find this fansite--in case anyone was wondering.)

I am crazy excited--can't wait to get out of work and on the road!!!

This just in:

WAMC'S THE ROUNDTABLE BROADCASTS LIVE FROM SOLID SOUND FESTIVAL AT MASS MOCA

ALBANY, NY (06/19/2013)(readMedia)-- WAMC's The Roundtable is thrilled to once again be part of the amazing -and always surprising- Solid Sound Festival, North Adams, MA with a live broadcast from 9 a.m. to noon on Friday, June 21st.

This special edition of The Roundtable will focus on the immense variety that the festival has to offer, with artist interviews and live performances hosted by The Roundtable's Joe Donahue, and WAMC's President and CEO, Dr. Alan Chartock. Says Chartock, "We're so proud to participate in the Solid Sound Festival, because like WAMC, it's a true celebration of the arts that honors a full range of artistic expression right here in our own community."

Now in its third year, Solid Sound presents three days of music, comedy and fine art at the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art in The Berkshires of Western MA. The festival, created by the alternative rock band Wilco, is presented in collaboration with MASS MoCA. Host Donahue says, "This will be our third "Solid Sound" broadcast and fifth at MASS MoCA. It is a thrill to be among stunning art, their creaky floorboards and given the opportunity to share with our listeners the amazing art, culture, and music emanating from this regional treasure - both during this festival and throughout the year."

www.solidsoundfestival.com

In addition to a visit by Wilco frontman and festival originator Jeff Tweedy, the broadcast will include interviews with arts and events curators from MASS MoCA and with artists whose work is currently on display at the museum. Tweedy will be joined by his son, Spencer, whose band, The Blisters, are playing as part of Solid Sound on Sunday. We'll also have an interview with and live performance from indie-pop up-and-comers, Lucius, and we'll learn about Storey Publishing, Urban Birding, and some very special Culinary Events.

The Roundtable broadcast will air from 9 a.m. to noon ET on all WAMC Northeast Public Radio frequencies and will stream live at www.wamc.org. Program segments will be available online by Friday evening at wamc.org/programs/roundtable.

WAMC will be live-tweeting the broadcast and posting photos at www.twitter.com/WAMCRoundtable. For more photos, see WAMC's Facebook page,www.facebook.com/WAMCRadio.

The Roundtable blends news, arts, culture, and live music. Whether reporting the day's news, interviewing local and national authors, or chatting with fascinating people from around the corner and around the world, The Roundtable has something for everyone as it covers issues ranging from politics, arts, culture, history, the environment and everything in between. For more information about The Roundtable go to: wamc.org/programs/roundtable

WAMC-FM 90.3 FM HD, Albany; WAMC, 1400 AM, Albany; WAMK 90.9 FM HD, Kingston; WOSR, 91.7 FM HD, Middletown; WCEL, 91.9 FM HD, Plattsburgh; WCAN, 93.3 FM HD, Canajoharie; WANC, 103.9 FM HD, Ticonderoga; WRUN, 90.3 FM HD, Remsen-Utica; WAMQ 105.1 FM HD, Great Barrington, MA; WWES 88.9 FM HD, Mt. Kisco; WANZ 90.1 FM HD, Stamford, NY; WANR 88.5 FM HD, BREWSTER, NY; 93.1 FM, Troy; 99.3 FM, Oneonta; 97.1 FM, Hudson; 107.1 FM, Warwick; 107.7 FM, Newburgh; 103.9 FM, Beacon; 96.5 FM, Ellenville; 106.3, Middletown; 102.1, Highland, NY and 90.9 FM, Milford, PA.; 97.3 FM, Cooperstown; 88.7 FM, Lake Placid, and on-line at www.wamc.orgwww.facebook.com/wamcradiowww.twitter.com/wamcradio

Member-supported WAMC Northeast Public Radio broadcasts news, informational and cultural programming to listeners in portions of seven northeastern states. WAMC is an award winning producer of regionally based programming and an affiliate of National Public Radio, American Public Media, and Public Radio International. To become a member go to: http://www.wamc.org/support.html

My best wishes to all of you and I hope you all have a great time - unfortunately, fate has conspired to once again make it impossible for me to attend.

If anyone with kids in tow wants to meet up at some point during the wknd, I'm @Heliotropist. Our daughters are 5 & 7 and this is our 3rd SSF. We're arriving Thursday afternoon and our plan is to bop around downtown that evening, probably have dinner at PUBLIC eat+drink, then ice cream somewhere, then ultimately back to our hotel with an extra dose of melatonin for the kids whose excitement will keep them awake, I'm sure.

Yeah, definitely. My daughters are 4 and this will be our first S.S.

We're arriving Thursday too, and our plans are pretty much the same as yours. We're staying at the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield.

"This special edition of The Roundtable will focus on the immense variety that the festival has to offer, with artist interviews and live performances hosted by The Roundtable's Joe Donahue, and WAMC's President and CEO, Dr. Alan Chartock. Says Chartock, "We're so proud to participate in the Solid Sound Festival, because like WAMC, it's a true celebration of the arts that honors a full range of artistic expression right here in our own community."

Ugh.  Alan Chartock loves the sound of his own voice.

Hey VC-ers, just wanted to jump in and say how much we're looking forward to SSF3 - we were there in 2011 (still drying out) and are SO jazzed about this year! We're leaving tomorrow a.m. and we should be there by 4 or so...we'll be looking for the VC table, so we can say hi!

I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve right about now...

(I requested "Roadrunner", and I know I'm not alone, but hey...lol)

Cool, we'll do that. Thanks! I should've been active here all these years but I have so much trouble tearing myself away from a good forum discussion that it was probably for the best, at least for my productivity. Nowadays my attention span is better suited to twitter, anyway. Then again, many of my friends online and off are surely sick of my Wilco nerdery, especially around SSF or any time a show is coming up, so this would've been a better outlet for my occasional and unpredictable Wilco-related outbursts.

Yeah, definitely. My daughters are 4 and this will be our first S.S.

We're arriving Thursday too, and our plans are pretty much the same as yours. We're staying at the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield.

Great! I'm sure that a pair of 4yo girls will be hard to miss, especially since my kids will be on the lookout for potential friends. We'll connect for sure.

If the Bruins do win tonight, I will need to find a bar close to Mass Moca to watch the game at. I've seen Wilco 20+ times, as much as I'd hate it, I would skip the show Sat night to watch the B's win the cup. 

Any ideas for bar close to Moca to watch a game at?

Landed in North Adams around 2 PM today.  Just went for a bite at The Hub, SO good!  The weird thing is, the only sign of the festival I saw was the orange WILCO sign at Mass MoCA (nearly put the b/f off the road with the scream of excitement).  No band member sightings yet, but we may go bowling later so who knows :)

Looking forward to our third Solid Sound. Heading out bright and early from the great state of Michigan. Long drive ahead of us. Please follow me on Twitter and Instagram to share some SS fun. http://twitter.com/paulcalypse http://instagram.com/paulcalypse Has anyone heard anything about exclusive vinyl at the festival this year?