• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who didn't act fast enough & had stuff sell out on them, or for those who couldn't make it this year, but might dig the designs...All sorts of Solid Sound 2013 Shirts & Posters are available now at the official Wilco Store website
http://wilco.kungfustore.com/

That appears to be the only one of the Solid Sound posters not available in the online Wilco store. They have the long-sleeved t-shirt with that design, but not the sticker, either. 

I'm surprised to see they still have some of the Nels/Julian Lage records. I expected that with only 500 produced that they'd sell out. 

Does anyone know if there was a sale of the silk screen posters produced on site?  They were a riff on the MA road signs - Entering Solid Sound, Est'd 2010.  Maybe they'll turn up in an online sale.

Just placed an order & inquired for you...haven't seen them turn up so far (might be only thing that I don't see from the weekend)...

I thought the prices were a little steep, too. Three 7" and Mikael's new record cost me $47. Nels has so little recent work on vinyl, though, so I couldn't pass it up. I skipped browsing the used stuff this year because every single record I bought at SSF 2 had a skip in it.

really? that sucks.

the used stock was amazing...i thought the condition of most items was really really good. yesterday i listened to two of the LPs I bought (The Gun Club and Dead Boys) and they were super clean copies. very happy w/ the selection that Euclid brought w/ them.

In case you missed it, the roadcase has recordings of both Solid Sound nights available

I'm looking at the page right now & they aren't there that I see. It goes up to show #17 in Tuscon, Arizona.

Maybe they'll be out soon!!!! As in tomorrow! One can hope...did you see them as shows #18 & #19 on that page?

I thought the prices were a little steep, too. Three 7" and Mikael's new record cost me $47. Nels has so little recent work on vinyl, though, so I couldn't pass it up. I skipped browsing the used stuff this year because every single record I bought at SSF 2 had a skip in it.

I picked up The Replacements Songs For Slim for $11.99 on red vinyl, was very happy with that, and surprised to even see it. Had a real "what is this shit?" moment when I put it on though, until I realized it should be played at 45 rpm. Wish I had more patience to browse there but it was uncomfortably crowded.

WHAT WHAT WHAT?

Just called (left a message), & emailed (the always amazing & informative Annick), the good folks at Kung Fu Nation, so we should have an answer, & hopefully, if all works out, both nights of the Wilco Solid Sound shows as Roadcase #18 & #19, soon.

really? that sucks.

the used stock was amazing...i thought the condition of most items was really really good. yesterday i listened to two of the LPs I bought (The Gun Club and Dead Boys) and they were super clean copies. very happy w/ the selection that Euclid brought w/ them.

Seriosuly, the quality of the stuff they had kinda blew me away. They had an original press Kinks Kronicles that was basically Mint condition, and included the original Poster!! Bought it in a heart beat. We had to walk away, as we would have spent WAY too much money if we kept looking.

yeah my friend and i didn't end up browsing the stacks until Sunday...probably had a lot of good records get snatched up, like Paulcalypse, who told me got an original pressing of Sonic Youth's _Sister_ w/ the since-deleted photos for about $30. 

there were still a load of good to great to excellent records, though. a friend snatched a super clean original press of the Sex Pistols LP w/ poster for $50. he also got a Japanese pressing of 2nd edition. 

there's one on discogs w/o the poster for $150

http://www.discogs.com/Sex-Pistols-Never-Mind-The-Bollocks-Heres-The-Sex-Pistols/release/2760318

Just called (left a message), & emailed (the always amazing & informative Annick), the good folks at Kung Fu Nation, so we should have an answer, & hopefully, if all works out, both nights of the Wilco Solid Sound shows as Roadcase #18 & #19, soon.

cool. keep us in the loop!