Does anyone know if there was a sale of the silk screen posters produced on site?  They were a riff on the MA road signs - Entering Solid Sound, Est'd 2010.  Maybe they'll turn up in an online sale.

Just got a message from the always amazing & informative Annick at Kung Fu Nation (who also spoke about the appearing & disappearing & then, happily, reappearing Soild Sound Shows that are now Roadcase #18 & #19!!) that they are still awaiting returns from the Solid Sound Fest, but...that that poster you're looking for ("Entering Solid Sound Est. 2010") is expected to be arriving & be available soon enough...they just don't know the quantity & quality (damaged or not) or what's coming in, but that she'd keep me updated, and I, in turn, on this thread, or via PM here, will keep you informed of the progress.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really glad they're releasing this. I am listening to an audience recording of it right now at work, but I'm going to pay for that SBD recording and download it as soon as I get home.

If they could find the right price point for their (admittedly shorter) sets with Bob Weir, I'd buy those too. God, I'm such an addict. :lol

Just got a message from the always amazing & informative Annick at Kung Fu Nation (who also spoke about the appearing & disappearing & then, happily, reappearing Soild Sound Shows that are now Roadcase #18 & #19!!) that they are still awaiting returns from the Solid Sound Fest, but...that that poster you're looking for ("Entering Solid Sound Est. 2010") is expected to be arriving & be available soon enough...they just don't know the quantity & quality (damaged or not) or what's coming in, but that she'd keep me updated, and I, in turn, on this thread, or via PM here, will keep you informed of the progress.

Thank you for this!  I definitely want to add one of these to my collection.

yeah my friend and i didn't end up browsing the stacks until Sunday...probably had a lot of good records get snatched up, like Paulcalypse, who told me got an original pressing of Sonic Youth's _Sister_ w/ the since-deleted photos for about $30.

Haha yep, such a great find. Wishing I would have brought more money. I spent $100 and was just getting started. I had to stop :(

Fri & Sat night SS3 Wilco sets are up for sale now here: http://wilco.kungfustore.com/categories/491-roadcase

Enjoy !

Great! I'll be downloading these tonight. I was just listening to my rip of the radio broadcast today at work & was really hoping they'd make it a Roadcase show.

It's a pleasant surprise that they're releasing the Friday show too - I figured there might be publishing issues with all the cover tunes.

was listening to the audience recording on my way home, and couldnt help but feel disappointed in the lack of bass. I can't wait to hear the sound board recordings. Anyone listen yet?

Nyctaper did a nice job with the Friday show, but the Roadcase versions kick ass! Only listened to a couple of tracks from each night while setting them up, they sound great. Don't hesitate.

Thank you for this!  I definitely want to add one of these to my collection.

I just PM'd you here with the instructions I got on how to order these before they arrive...good luck & N-joy!

I wonder if/when we will see the documentary surface.

Cool!! We figured that it looked like they were filming for something like that...great to hear!!!! Looking VERY forward to seeing that...such a beautiful & magical time & space...it would be great to be able to share that with those who couldn't attend the original event...and great for us that did to be able to revisit it!! Will have to look up Brendan Canty's work...very excited about this!!!

i wonder if footage from other SSFs will make it to the DVD.

Did they have a pro film crew at the other events? Those guys were everywhere during the fest, I know they were real close to me in a number of spots, so it's very likely that I'll be somewhere on film. ha ha.

Listening to Saturday's set and Jeff's banter about Foxygen, I remember reading some posts that the most of the band, particularly the singer, had boozed it up quite a bit, which makes it so much funnier that Tweedy dedicated "Passenger Side" to them right before they played it.   :lol