Solid Sound '13 Performers?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a tweet that Solid Sound lineup announcements would start today at noon!! Follow twitter @solidsoundfest. !!!!

On facebook this was the full announcement...

"Solid Sound lineup announcement starts today at Noon Eastern. We'll announce the artists and activities of Solid Sound 2013, in alphabetical order, one letter at a time, every 30 minutes -- that'll be from Noon to 5:30pm today and 10am to 4:30pm tomorrow. Follow us here and on Twitter (@SolidSoundFest) for that latest updates."

On facebook this was the full announcement...

"Solid Sound lineup announcement starts today at Noon Eastern. We'll announce the artists and activities of Solid Sound 2013, in alphabetical order, one letter at a time, every 30 minutes -- that'll be from Noon to 5:30pm today and 10am to 4:30pm tomorrow. Follow us here and on Twitter (@SolidSoundFest) for that latest updates."

Most important, of course, will be "W for Wilco", & hopefully either "J, or T, for Jeff Tweedy", but, I'm also hoping & holding out for "Y For Yo La Tengo"!! I just saw them in both Cleveland & Toronto & they were absolutely amazing! They truly are my second fave band in the world, live & otherwise, next to Wilco. Having them at Solid Sound 2013 would be a dream bill come true. Either that or having them added to the Nelsonville Fest (though Yo La Tengo & The Flaming Lips were both at that Fest in 2010).

Yo La Tengo are touring throughout this year, and the last date up on their website is in May in California, so this is a real possibility (Nelsonville too). They've played together before (double bill at Keyspan Park in Brooklyn in '09 is one of the first two Official Wilco show downloads, before the days of the Roadcase series), & Jeff, Nels, & Mikael have all shown up to play at Yo La Tengo's annual series of Hannukah shows at Maxwell's in N.J. (2010 I think it was).

I'm also hoping for either "M, or S, for Mavis Staples" (which I think is very likely since they are sharing some tour dates in the Spring), and maybe dark horses "D for Donna The Buffalo" and/or "G, or P, for Graham Parker & hopfully The Rumour", or even long shots, "F for The Flaming Lips" and/or "S for Sufjan Stevens".

Most important, of course, will be "W for Wilco", & hopefully either "J, or T, for Jeff Tweedy", but, I'm also hoping & holding out for "Y For Yo La Tengo"!! I just saw them in both Cleveland & Toronto & they were absolutely amazing! They truly are my second fave band in the world, live & otherwise, next to Wilco. Having them at Solid Sound 2013 would be a dream bill come true. Either that or having them added to the Nelsonville Fest (though Yo La Tengo & The Flaming Lips were both at that Fest in 2010).

Yo La Tengo are touring throughout this year, and the last date up on their website is in May in California, so this is a real possibility (Nelsonville too). They've played together before (double bill at Keyspan Park in Brooklyn in '09 is one of the first two Official Wilco show downloads, before the days of the Roadcase series), & Jeff, Nels, & Mikael have all shown up to play at Yo La Tengo's annual series of Hannukah shows at Maxwell's in N.J. (2010 I think it was).

I'm also hoping for either "M, or S, for Mavis Staples" (which I think is very likely since they are sharing some tour dates in the Spring), and maybe dark horses "D for Donna The Buffalo" and/or "G, or P, for Graham Parker & hopfully The Rumour", or even long shots, "F for The Flaming Lips" and/or "S for Sufjan Stevens".

Don't forget J or O for "Jim O'Rourke". That'd be a welcome surprise. 

"And the crowd goes mild..." - JT

Ha! I was multi-tasking & got a phone call...seems the only way I can cut & paste a text here is to have already typed & posted a letter & then go into edit & put the whole text adjacent to that letter...weird, but that's how it works for me in this town...

But the stand alone "a" did work well with the context of the alphabetical countdown (until I eventually edited & completed the intended post...)

Ha! I was multi-tasking & got a phone call...seems the only way I can cut & paste a text here is to have already typed & posted a letter & then go into edit & put the whole text adjacent to that letter...weird, but that's how it works for me in this town...

But the stand alone "a" did work well with the context of the alphabetical countdown (until I eventually edited & completed the intended post...)

I thought you were making a joke! I noticed you went back and edited, and now I look like a lunatic for misquoting you, and quoting jeff from a show a decade ago.

I thought you were making a joke! I noticed you went back and edited, and now I look like a lunatic for misquoting you, and quoting jeff from a show a decade ago.

Actually I love the quote!! And hopefully my post clarified & will clear you of the insanity charges ;)

And other fronts...No Autumn Defense is weird...I'm wondering if the posts are all about performers that are outside of the Wilco family, and if, at the end, they add the info about Wilco, solo Tweedy (hopefully), Nels or Glenn projects, Autumn Defense, etc.

And "C" is for Neko Case!! That & Border Music are amazing choices!! WOW!!!!

Having dug The Raccoonists I'm certainly interested in The Blisters too...and Al Madrigal rocks on The Daily Show!! This is kicking ass so far!!

Pictures of performers are already up on the website...and I can tell you with two minutes to go...that...
"D" is for...The Dream Syndicate!!
Love what I know (earlier stuff) & have never seen them...this is turning into an amazing lineup & we are only 4 letters in...

holy shit!!!!

you have to get Days of Wine and Roses. essential LP.

That's in the related expense category--buying a bunch of new music to get familiar with artists I don't know well. But what a nice problem to have.

Very excited about this lineup so far. Anybody care to guess who's going to make the E's? Eels?