Solid Sound '13 Performers?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Os Mutantes!

WOW! I missed them this last year in Ithaca, because I was seeing Leonard Cohen that same night in Toronto, so this is really sweet, and needless to say, but I'll say it...NELS!!! Any & everything he does I'm up for checking out...dig Medeski, Martin & Wood too (really hope Nels & Marc Ribot sit in with them)...

Man The Relatives look REALLY interesting- they are self described as Psychedelic Gospel Funk from Dallas, Texas since 1970...new one on me...but hey so were Lee Fields & The Expressions & they knocked my socks off in Brooklyn last year...LOVE finding new artists (old Bass Player friend is really into Low...I have yet to spend much time with them, so really looking forward to checking them out too.).
No Mavis Staples under "S" & since "M" is gone, maybe just no Mavis Staples this year...which gives me just one more reason to go to the Nelsonville Fest. I have a friend who wants to do it now too, & I'm thinking we are now like 75% likely to be going.
"T" is next, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for Jeff Tweedy solo...hoping for that even more than Yo La Tengo, & even though I'm going to the Vic shows...well a boy can dream...
Here's The Relatives!!

Oh boo hoo hoo. No JT solo. Unless they pull it out as a last minute surprise. Or maybe they'll announce it spur of the moment at the festival like they did with some events in 2011--a pop-up announcement. Could happen, right? Right?

Oh boo hoo hoo. No JT solo. Unless they pull it out as a last minute surprise. Or maybe they'll announce it spur of the moment at the festival like they did with some events in 2011--a pop-up announcement. Could happen, right? Right?

Yeah, I was really hoping for a solo set too. Never seen one. Still, it's hard to complain with the excellent lineup they've announced so far. I will, however, be keeping my fingers crossed for a surprise.

So excited for this.