General Political Thread

Ted is a guy I have always had trouble with going all the way back to the 70's. Without even taking his over the top political rhetoric into account (which is a money maker for him) he has always been kind of a dick. That being said he has made some music that I do love in spite of himself. He has not been relevant in music for 30yrs or more so I guess he has to do more than just the oldies circuit to keep his name out there.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, our massive military budget takes a modest cut, AZ is unwilling to pass a bigoted bill in our present political climate and consumer confidence is up.  Oh yeah, and we've had some spring-like weather a few days a week in CO, which matches nicely with the windfall surplus of revenue collected on legal marijuana totaling at an estimated $100 million for the year.

I guess politics isn't all bad.

Well, our massive military budget takes a modest cut, AZ is unwilling to pass a bigoted bill in our present political climate and consumer confidence is up.  Oh yeah, and we've had some spring-like weather a few days a week in CO, which matches nicely with the windfall surplus of revenue collected on legal marijuana totaling at an estimated $100 million for the year.

Not if you put it like this....but for the people who want a massive military, no gay rights, no legal pot, etc. it looks like the apocalypse.

LouieB

Not sure I'd call the proposed cuts modest. Reducing military to pre-WWII levels may very we'll be prudent (not well enough informed), but it seems more than modest.

... or, as characterized by someone in my FB feed "Here we go....sign of the times .. decreasing our military might & world power ... in addition to horrifically decreasing our nuclear arms which MOST of the general public are completely unaware of... BUT.. it's all part of God's plan for this country in these end times ... are you prepared & ready?!?"

Eisenhower was right about the military-industrial complex. It seems normal to us, because it has been so ridiculously overgrown for so long, but it is absolutely absurd.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101440355

The $682 billion spent by the U.S. in 2012 was more than the combined military spending of China, Russia, the United Kingdom, Japan, France, Saudi Arabia, India, Germany, Italy and Brazil—which spent a total of $652 billion, according to the SIPRI Military Expenditure Database.

I'd say we have the most people who want to kill us, so...

This might rank in the top 10 of the dumbest things you might have ever said here.  This has no basis in fact or reality.

And furthermore all the military might in the world didn't stop a group of men with box cutters taking over a couple of planes and killing 3000 people.  

And one could say that our increased involvement and our overstepping in conflicts around the world has created more people who want to do us harm.  

I love the GOP how it is all about decrease spending at home, cut this, end this, but when it comes to the military, let's give them trillions, hell we'll even give them stuff they don't even want.   

I love the idea of people and dinosaurs being on earth at the same time. What a wonderful crazy idea. And how insanely stupid and unbelievable.

LouieB

Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs, because they were the original man and woman. They were sort of superpower-ish.

Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs, because they were the original man and woman. They were sort of superpower-ish.

Wait, where does Fred Flintstone figure in all this?