wow.

watching this now...came i during Bruces cant rememeber the rising records song title... and then btr with jon bon.

in and out w/ sixers game, but lord jesus christ the sandler "Hallelujah" was priceless.

roger waters was waaay good, with the city hip hop dance thing on

"Another Brick in the Wall" was all WHATTTT??

led off w/ flesh, finished w $$ and us and them.  

clapton acoustic/ electric mmmeh

stones: quick, yet polished and ferocious.

alicia keys asked people to hold u their cell phones - 10 point deduction

but still sexy as all get out

now, Rog and Pete,

I mean Pete and Rog.rolling through who are you, bellboy (w/ keith vocal video footage... not sure about that)

wizard/ see me feel me/ baba. love reign. absolutely gorgeous.

the last hour will be commercial, but i might wanna check out mr. joel. they are singing to save his hometurf.

sandler is going viral.

i'm sending $$ too- god bless those who were hit oh so hard. 

make a donation if you fell like it.

"i call that a bargain,

the best i ever had"

Glad I got to see both Waters and The Who within the last year...and also glad they are still sounding good!

Kanye West, ugh...I can't even stand to watch him, much less listen to him. Just awful.

That being said, nice set from Billy Joel playing a string of hits. New York's native son....Hate to miss Sir Paul, but gotta sleep. Will watch that one on the youtube later...

I watched the first couple of hours of this and really enjoyed it.  But the one thought that kept coming to mind as the show progressed was these were, for the most part, old men.  Will anyone be able to stage a big show like this in, say, 10 years, when I would guess most of these guys will have been forced to retire due to just not being able to do this any more?  Who would play?

As I said, I really enjoyed it, but the average age of the participants was striking to me.

This is funny:

McCartney, it appears, had little knowledge of Nirvana's history or influence. Cobain committed suicide in April 1994, with the band having released three studio albums and two live sets.

"I didn't really know who they were," he reportedly said. "They are saying how good it is to be back together. I said: 'Whoa? You guys haven't played together for all that time?'

"And somebody whispered to me: 'That's Nirvana. You're Kurt.' I couldn't believe it."

But the one thought that kept coming to mind as the show progressed was these were, for the most part, old men.  Will anyone be able to stage a big show like this in, say, 10 years, when I would guess most of these guys will have been forced to retire due to just not being able to do this any more?  Who would play?

As I said, I really enjoyed it, but the average age of the participants was striking to me.

that pretty accurately describes most of the large venue bookings (outside amphitheaters and indoor stadia) over the last few years...if i was Live Nation, i'd be really worried when the classic rock/70s FM radio guys start dying in greater numbers. 

that pretty accurately describes most of the large venue bookings (outside amphitheaters and indoor stadia) over the last few years...if i was Live Nation, i'd be really worried when the classic rock/70s FM radio guys start dying in greater numbers. 

Well, as far as I'm concerned, that is one very bright and uplifting way of looking at the depressing fact that all of our aging music heroes are running out of time.  Their deaths will be easier to take knowing that Live Nation will suffer.

I would feel better about aging rock heros if some of them didn't wear wigs or dye their hair.  Kudos to Keith for his real hair as opposed to Mick.  I thought that the best overall performance of the night (I hate to say this) was Clapton, who did a nice accoustic number, a reasonable MOR radio number and then the umteenth version of Crossroads and then got off.  Kudos to the Who as well, who over stayed their welcome though.  And Roger Waters or whatever stand in for Pink Floyd that was for being the most boring band in the world.  I missed Bruce at the beginning I guess and had to sit through Bon Jovi. Honest to goodness when Bruce came on with him I thought he was Dave Mathews. 

Went to bed after The Who so I missed the NIrvana/McCartney mash-up. 

Glad they raised lots of money, although we had trouble getting through on the website.  Not a bad way to spend an evening.

LouieB

First off, Is Bono ok???

Plenty of folks to play this in the future. The old fogies will be Bon Jovi and Pearl Jam + Metallica and Dave Matthews. Slightly younger generation will have Kanye, Lady Gaga, Alicia Keys, Black Keys, Green Day, Taylor Swift and many of the DJs that everybody loves right now. Sure – rock n’ roll is dying, but pop (ular) music is not.

Slightly younger generation will have Kanye, Lady Gaga, Alicia Keys, Black Keys, Green Day, Taylor Swift and many of the DJs that everybody loves right now. Sure – rock n’ roll is dying, but pop (ular) music is not.

Wow, thank God for Green Day! Lol

Let's hope Billy Armstrong gets out of rehab and stays sober. The rest of that lineup makes me want to stick forks in my eyeballs. Maybe Adele will stick around too, although she bores me. At least she has a decent voice and can carry a tune.

Maybe we will get lucky and find some new stars from the current crop of The Voice, The X-Factor, American Idol, etc. Some of them are very talented singers, though maybe not capable of sustaining great careers.

Wow, thank God for Green Day! Lol

Let's hope Billy Armstrong gets out of rehab and stays sober. The rest of that lineup makes me want to stick forks in my eyeballs. Maybe Adele will stick around too, although she bores me. At least she has a decent voice and can carry a tune.

Maybe we will get lucky and find some new stars from the current crop of The Voice, The X-Factor, American Idol, etc. Some of them are very talented singers, though maybe not capable of sustaining great careers.

Don't be dissing Adele now. 

Who broadcast this thing?

They said early on it was going out over 37 (?) different networks.  I channel surfed a bit and found it was on at least 5 different networks that I get.  I know it was on Ion, WE, NJTV (PBS), and AMC.  I'm pretty sure I caught it on one of the major networks (ABC?) at least for a short time. 

They said early on it was going out over 37 (?) different networks.  I channel surfed a bit and found it was on at least 5 different networks that I get.  I know it was on Ion, WE, NJTV (PBS), and AMC.  I'm pretty sure I caught it on one of the major networks (ABC?) at least for a short time. 

Interesting.   I watched Survivor (CBS) and Modern Family (ABC), and then flipped around for a few minutes.  Didn't see it.  Maybe Atlanta only had it on cable stations.

Interesting.   I watched Survivor (CBS) and Modern Family (ABC), and then flipped around for a few minutes.  Didn't see it.  Maybe Atlanta only had it on cable stations.

Savannah only had it on cable. It took some hunting but I finally found it way up the dial on the Biography channel.

Don't be dissing Adele now. 

I heavily concur with the protection of Adele.  Even if you don't like her content, her vocal chops are extraordinary.

I would not say rock'n'roll is dying.  But it sure has taken a backseat in popular music stations.  It would be pretty hilarious to see TV On The Radio end up on this one day and sing Heroes and Young Liars.

Oh, I'm an actual booster of Adele. If it weren't for her cover of Dylan's Make You Feel Me Love, a whole generation of ignorant children would never even know about his Bobness... :lol

Personally, as good as her voice is, she just leaves me cold, and I have never considered actually purchasing her material. But I want everyone to hear her and know about that kind of music, so there ya go.

Oh, I'm an actual booster of Adele. If it weren't for her cover of Dylan's Make You Feel Me Love, a whole generation of ignorant children would never even know about his Bobness... :lol

Personally, as good as her voice is, she just leaves me cold, and I have never considered actually purchasing her material. But I want everyone to hear her and know about that kind of music, so there ya go.

I like her for other reasons. LOL

I think she is a great singer. I'd like to see her make an album without a lot of polish.

I watched it on The Cooking channel last night. Caught from the end of Vedder/Waters. Did Green Day play earlier?

No.  Here's the setlist.

I'm a fan of Eddie and Roger, and I thought that duet of Comfortably Numb was atrocious.  I'm too embarrassed to be a fan of those two at the moment.

I think she is a great singer. I'd like to see her make an album without a lot of polish.

Sounds like that will probably happen. Apparently there are some versions of the songs on the current album that are way more "produced" and she pushed for the more bare bones versions to be on the album (against record company wishes).

I thought Eddie sounded good on comfortably Numb. Roger was maybe a bit off but I liked it over all.

Sounds like that will probably happen. Apparently there are some versions of the songs on the current album that are way more "produced" and she pushed for the more bare bones versions to be on the album (against record company wishes).

Might be interesting to hear her with a Dap Kings type of band, or even some sort of roots rock band behind her.