Music to look forward to in 2013

I heard a new Giving Tree Band album may be in the works. Thats great news cause these guys are on a roll! Hey MB, I havent forgotten about you....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know i am retreading, but i've done some editing to the list i posted earlier:

Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series 10
Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series 11
The Flaming Lips - The Terror
Atoms For Peace - AMOK
Kurt Vile - Wakin On A Pretty Daze
Iron & Wine - Ghost On Ghost
Jim James - Regions of Light And Sound Of God
The Roots - & Then You Shoot Your Cousin
M.I.A - Matangi
Nick Cave - Push The Sky Away
David Bowie - The Next Day
Local Natives - Hummingbird
Phorsporescent - Muchacho
Drive-By Truckers - Alabama Ass Whuppin' reissue
new DBT record too?
Phoenix - Bankrupt!
Vampire Weekend
The Strokes
Wilco
The National
Modest Mouse?
Beck?
Kanye West?
Led Zeppelin remasters?
Neil Young - Archives 2?

edit: unfortunately that new Jim James album is pretty terrible.

-justin

Cool, when does this come out?

...or Lammy, right?

Yeah sure. You want some live Graham Parsons (Fallen Angels tour) too?

You guys are insatiable music sluts and I like that.

We all like to show off our 12-inches.

Eels have a new one coming out soon.

That's the one I'm most eagerly anticipating, at least for the early months of 2013.  Release day is February 5.  Can't wait.

It isn't new music per say, but I'm quite excited for the Postal Service's 10th anniversary reissue (slightly more excited by the prospect of tour dates). Can't believe this album is ten years old already!

http://pitchfork.com/news/49139-the-postal-services-give-up-reissue-will-contain-two-new-songs-and-much-more/

Anybody like the song Vampire Weekend did on Kimmel back on Halloween? Never been a real fan of theirs, but that song has me interested for the new album. (As a young white male I almost feel obligated)

Re: the Dr Dog comment - I bought the new EP. Over the years they always have so many extra tracks b-sides and a lot of the time a good deal of those are better than half of the tracks that make the albums. I think choosing the wrong tracks for their albums is one downfall for them.

re: Iron & Wine - I haven't heard anything about that, and only came across one link with a mention of that title.

re: Weezer - I understand not wanting more, but I always hope for a return to greatness. I have tuned out for the last couple albums. I still wish the Rivers Cuomo Pinkerton thing will go down or be released in a more accesible version.

re: Weezer - I understand not wanting more, but I always hope for a return to greatness.

Deep down, I still hope for that greatness too.. But I'm afraid that Rivers will never stop cranking out the assembly line pop songs as long as the suckers keep buying them.  He's got it made in the shade. 

re: Iron & Wine - I haven't heard anything about that, and only came across one link with a mention of that title.

dig deeper.  the KUTX (apparently, a newly launched radio station in Austin where Beam currently resides), site had a lengthy in-studio performance and interview.  so far, they've broadcast three new songs.  two were from the in-studio set (one of which was so new it won't even be on the album) and with the third song, they actually played a song from the album (full studio version) in one of the interview segments.

-justin

I saw him open for My Morning Jacket back in September at The Wiltern and he played a few new tunes.  He opened with a new song that must have been at least 10 minutes long.

Deep down, I still hope for that greatness too.. But I'm afraid that Rivers will never stop cranking out the assembly line pop songs as long as the suckers keep buying them.  He's got it made in the shade. 

It's been about 16 years since that dude has made anything great.  That's no knock.  The guy made arguably two of the most perfect rock albums of the 90's.  Most of us never get one.

The guy made arguably two of the most perfect rock albums of the 90's.

Gospel truth. 

And I've always believed Matt Sharp played a role in that greatness... When he left and formed The Rentals, he took a huge part of the Weezer sound with him.