Now Playing: January, 2013

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

romano3.jpg

Loving this.

Ooh! Didn't know that it was out yet.

Terrible album cover (seems intentionally so), but after his last album I am willing to forgive such aesthetic misfires. 

Ooh! Didn't know that it was out yet.

Terrible album cover (seems intentionally so), but after his last album I am willing to forgive such aesthetic misfires. 

What! As soon as I saw the album cover, I knew the album was going to be great, which it definitely is.

What! As soon as I saw the album cover, I knew the album was going to be great, which it definitely is.

Well, it looks like an even cheesier take on the classic cheeseball Nashville album covers of the 60s.

Like I said intentionally terrible, but with an obvious purpose.

Yes!!!

61%2BGDwpfbTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've been redisocvering all my 90s albums lately, and I'm really amazed at how well some of them hold up, this one included. I remember buying it new and several people panning it. I have no idea why - it's great. In particular, Break Me owns me. Been pairing that off with Confetti fropm It's A Shame About Ray... :rock

Break me is pretty stellar.  I made a pretty killer Lemonheads playlist of their "best" songs and god-almighty is it great!  The song that always kicks my ass is Great Big No.  That period from Shame to Car Button Cloth yielded some really great tunes.  I think so much of his stuff gets buried by people's perceptions of Dando, his personality, his drug use and so on...and maybe rightly so, but the proof of his gift with melody is always there.