What are your perfect 10 out of 10 albums!

Pearl Jam - No Code, Yield

The Who - Quadrophenia

Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See, Among My Swan

Mark Lanegan - Scraps at Midnight, Whiskey for the Holy Ghost

Wilco - YHF (side two of the cassette that I kept in my car was a condensed version of the outtakes, I'd have to include that too)

There's certainly a ton of other stuff I have listened to millions of times as well and don't have any songs I skip over, but naming them all would make the list purposeless. These albums listed here are really a cut above all else for me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearl Jam - No Code, Yield

The Who - Quadrophenia

Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See, Among My Swan

Mark Lanegan - Scraps at Midnight, Whiskey for the Holy Ghost

Wilco - YHF (side two of the cassette that I kept in my car was a condensed version of the outtakes, I'd have to include that too)

There's certainly a ton of other stuff I have listened to millions of times as well and don't have any songs I skip over, but naming them all would make the list purposeless. These albums listed here are really a cut above all else for me.

i'm not a huge PJ fan, but i love Yield.  good call.  also love those Mazzy Star albums.  i wore those out when they were released.

i'm not a huge PJ fan, but i love Yield.  good call.  also love those Mazzy Star albums.  i wore those out when they were released.

Cool, nice to see some acknowledgement for some bands often under-represented around these parts. A hard core fan might argue all the first five PJ records are 10/10, but those two are peak for me. And as hard-core as I am, I can say with certainty in my mind that PJ hasn't had a truly great record since Yield. Some good ones, but they haven't been back to that level. (A fun way to listen to Yield is to track it in order of the liner note lyrics, different than the actual tracklist.)

Yeah, Mazzy Star.. that was something. I guess they did some shows last year but they seem to be in no great hurry to release another album ever.

is it just me, or does anyone first think of PJ Harvey when Pearl Jam is abbreviated as PJ?

It's not just you.