Saving for my dream guitar -- tempted by another

Just heard from my guitar shop:

In order to apologize for all the trouble, Fender are going to give me a pickup upgrade. So, which do I want in my '69 Thinline reissue?:

The Vintage Noiseless:

or

Custom Shop Nocasters:

Which would y'all pick to get the classic Tele sound out of a 69 Thinline reissue?

Okay friends... help me out!
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeeze I wish i could. Unfortunately, I don't know either of these pickups.  Fortunately, I've started a thread here: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=16479311#post16479311 Unfortunately, there are a lot of cork-sniffers on that sight.  Fortunately, there some of them know what they're talking about.  Good luck and let us hear it when you finally get your paws on it.  Your patience has been astounding. 

jeeze I wish i could. Unfortunately, I don't know either of these pickups.  Fortunately, I've started a thread here: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=16479311#post16479311 Unfortunately, there are a lot of cork-sniffers on that sight.  Fortunately, there some of them know what they're talking about.  Good luck and let us hear it when you finally get your paws on it.  Your patience has been astounding. 

Very cool.

Thanks for starting that! Already a couple of responses confirming the direction that I am starting to lean toward. I'll keep checking in over there and see what other folks have to say too.

Thanks again!

The custom shop nocasters are definitely the most classic tele sound. I was shopping to switch the pickups out of my tele back in the spring and I was lucky enough to have a local shop that let me play a few different guitars that already had various pickup configuration. I ended up going with the American vintage over the custom shop nocasters because they had a little more sparkle and bite which I needed for the kind of stuff I play. You cannot go wrong with nocasters though. They are THE tele sound IMHO.

• 3 months later...

Got word that my guitar was delayed again: until APRIL.

I fired off an angry email to customer service and just heard back:
I should have my guitar within the next week.

"I don't know where you heard April from, but it's getting ready to ship now."

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm breathing a little.

Got word that my guitar was delayed again: until APRIL.

I fired off an angry email to customer service and just heard back:

I should have my guitar within the next week.

"I don't know where you heard April from, but it's getting ready to ship now."

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm breathing a little.

This has been going on for what seems like a year now, you have got to be the most patient person in the world, I can't wait to hear about it when it comes in.

Good lord, they making that guitar out of adamantium or what?

You just outed yourself as a comic geek.

And, I guess that I just did, too. (Or, once-upon-a comic geek, really.)

And that guitar that Dylan is playing in that pic is NOT the guitar that I want. That's a '72; I ordered a '69. I am not a fan of Fender humbuckers.

And yeah, it's been just about a year. I guess they only do periodic production runs of this model. Have to set up the line and all that. 

The reason I've been so patient is because this is the guitar that I have wanted for some 20 years. I've waited this long just to be able to afford to set aside little bits of money for the guitar. So, now that it's paid for...

But my patience had just about run out. And when they told me about this latest delay, I flipped. But it's now on its way (supposedly). And when I have it in my hands, I will be very happy.

LOL. I see Logan as more of a Gibson man than a Fender man. He would play an SG, no?

I'm thinking probably a B.C. Rich Warlock.

BC%20RICH%20WARLOCK%20DELUXE%20USA.jpg

Hahhahah... you guys are awesome. Those are both good calls; however, I think is he is too narcissistic for the 2nd (who knew there was a Wolverine guitar? wow). Deadpool, on other other hand, would totally play his own face.