Wilco - 2 April 2013, Sydney (Sydney Opera House)

I'm hoping they feel so guilty about the short show they come back again quick :). Three years is too long!

I flew up from Melbourne for the Sydney shows. Sorry I missed the meet up, just saw the post! The opera house stuffed up out tickets, we had second row but we only realised a few hours before the show they were for Wednesday night! When I bought the Tuesday tickets over the phone I didn't even know there was a Wednesday show so I know it wasn't my mistake. They ended up swapping them for tickets in one of the side box seats. Not second row but its better than nothing.

I spoke to Jeff at Wellington airport today, and discussed this brief for Wilco standards show. It turns out the band thought there was an 11pm curfew and had to get off, no one had told them otherwise. He felt quite bad about it, and said to make up for it, everyone who bought tickets will receive an email with a link to some free downloads of Wilco songs. That's a pretty cool thing to do. So those of you were there, check your inboxes over the coming while.

Thanks for the good news. I'll keep in eye on my e-mail! And I second Wise Enough's proposal for more shows more often ...

True to Jeff's word, I got an email to download audio of both Sydney shows. That's pretty damn good, another reason why I love this band so much.The email reads:

Greetings,

Since we had a few minor issues/intrusions in Sydney (slightly reduced set time on night one, many cameras on stage for night two) we've decided to make it up to you fine and loyal ticket buyers the only way we know how: with free music. For the next two weeks, we're giving you the audio downloads of BOTH nights' shows. Have fun & we'll see you next time around with a LONGER set and no cameras. We promise.

Come & Get It!! FREE downloads of two Wilco shows from Australia. Here's the story, from Wilco HQ..."Greetings: Since we had a few minor issues/intrusions in Sydney (slightly reduced set time on night one, many cameras on stage for night two) we've decided to make it up to you fine and loyal ticket buyers the only way we know how: with free music. For the next two weeks, we're giving you the audio downloads of BOTH nights' shows. Have fun & we'll see you next time around with a LONGER set and no cameras. We promise.

April 2: http://t.opsp.in/i0xug

April 3: http://t.opsp.in/i0xuh

- Wilco HQ". There you a-go-go!!!