I had not seen that yet.

I should get back to doing the updated calendar:

April

02: Nels Cline I-Beam Brooklyn, NY

02: Glenn Kotche w/ Third Coast Percussion Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts Davis, CA

12: Glenn Kotche part of "The Colorado: A Film Oratorio" Houston, TX

18: Nels Cline Greenwich House NY, NY

20: Glenn Kotche St. Louis Symphony St. Louis, MO

22: Nels Cline The Stone NY, NY

23: Glenn Kotche w/ Jim Becker, Darin Gray & Joe Adamik Hideout Chicago, IL

27: Nels Cline happylucky No. 1 Brooklyn, NY

27: Jeff Tweedy and Pat Sansone perform Big Star's Third with others Alex Theatre Glendale, CA

29: Jeff Tweedy Stefanie H. Weill Center Sheboyan, WI

May

13: Jeff Tweedy Vic Theatre Chicago, IL

14: Jeff Tweedy Vic Theatre Chicago, IL

18: Glenn Kotche as part of "The Colorado" The Met NY, NY

August

05 or 06 or 07: Jeff Tweedy Pickaton Happey Valley, OR 

Just for clarification I went to the "Glenn" show at SFJAZZ last night and Glenn isn't actually performing. It's Third Coast Percussion performing his composition Wild Sounds. I'm not sure if that's the case with the show at UC Davis, but it's worth checking into since both were listed on the Shows page on Glenn's website.

Also Pat will be performing Big Star's Third with Mike Mills, Jody Stephens et al at The Fillmore in SF on April 24. No Jeff that night (at least not so far).

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeff is playing a Get Out the Vote rally in Dekalb Wednesday at the Egyptian. With Lauren Underwood.

Autumn Defense, Glenn, Nels (duo w/ bassist Chris Lightcap) and Yuka C. Honda - Ardmore Music Hall (Philadelphia suburb) - Thursday 12/8

Jeff Tweedy (+ Spencer & Sammy) at Letters to Santa 12/19-20: https://www.24hourmarathon.org/

I had not seen that yet.

I should get back to doing the updated calendar:

April

02: Nels Cline I-Beam Brooklyn, NY

02: Glenn Kotche w/ Third Coast Percussion Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts Davis, CA

12: Glenn Kotche part of "The Colorado: A Film Oratorio" Houston, TX

27: Jeff Tweedy and Pat Sansone perform Big Star's Third with others Alex Theatre Glendale, CA

May

August

05 or 06 or 07: Jeff Tweedy Pickaton Happey Valley, OR 

From Wilco's Facebook page:

Jeff Tweedy at this summer's Pickathon in Happy Valley, OR on Saturday, Aug. 6 closing the Mountain Stage at 8:50-10:00p and Sunday, Aug. 7 closing the Woods Stage 9:20-10:30pm. pickathon.com/tickets/

• 2 weeks later...

Added May 11 & 12 Nels appearances & 2017 Glenn Kotche performance:

April

24: Pat Sansone performing Big Star's Third with others The Filmore San Francisco, CA

May

11: Nels Cline at the Alternative Guitar Summit in NY, NY

12: Nels Cline performing with Jenny Scheinman's Mischief & Mayhem @ Poisson Rouge NY, NY

July

31: Nels Cline Newport Jazz Festival Newport, RI

August

06: Jeff Tweedy Pickathon Happy Valley, OR 

07: Jeff Tweedy Pickathon Happy Valley, OR

May

06: Glenn Kotche joins Third Coast Percussion to perform Wild Sound Overture Center for the Arts Madison, WI

• 2 weeks later...

It sold out by show time.  There were still tickets left at the door but they all were sold.  It was great. The chemistry with the group actually jelled, considering it was really two duos playing together.  It was evident they actually rehearsed or if they didn't they sure seemed like they knew what they were doing.

LouieB 

It sold out by show time.  There were still tickets left at the door but they all were sold.  It was great. The chemistry with the group actually jelled, considering it was really two duos playing together.  It was evident they actually rehearsed or if they didn't they sure seemed like they knew what they were doing.

LouieB 

I thought the show was great too. I'll add that the opening act was HOMME which is Sima Cunningham (of TWEEDY fame) and Macie Stewart. I thought they were cool. The covered a Jim O'Rourke song and said it was weird to play it given the headliners played on the original.

Since we are using screen names here - Did I see you? (I hate that.)  homme was quite good, considering. I have not seen Tweedy unfortunately so I have nothing to compare it to.  The headliners were well rehearsed or appeared to be (did I say that.) and it hung together very well.

LouieB

Since we are using screen names here - Did I see you? (I hate that.)  homme was quite good, considering. I have not seen Tweedy unfortunately so I have nothing to compare it to.  The headliners were well rehearsed or appeared to be (did I say that.) and it hung together very well.

LouieB

No. I don't think we've met before and I didn't know you were going to be there. Maybe at an upcoming Wilco event...

LouieB

Hey Lou, it was good seeing you at the Hideout. What a great performance. It's hard to say how much of the headliner's performance was rehearsed and what parts might have been improvised. Darin Grey's performance, in particular, was amazing. And quite a bit of his performance would have to be considered avant-garde for a bassist: amazing. To be up close for this show was a real treat. Although being right in front of the stage, we could hardly see most of the rest of the performers due to the amount of equipment on the tiny stage.

Sima Cunningham's Homme project was great. I bought the '45 flexi-disc offered at the merch table. the included digital download is really good to listen to again.

Joe

Added Mikael Jorgensen related shows:

May

17: Nels Cline w/ Satoko Fuji Orchestra Ibeam NY, NY

21: Mikael Jorgensen TEDxUCLA

24: Quindar Hyperion Tavern Los Angeles, CA

29: Nels Cline playing with Go: Organic Guitar Orchestra The Stone NY, NY

June

12: Quindar Farmer and Cook Ojai, CA

July

31: Nels Cline Newport Jazz Festival Newport, RI

August

06: Jeff Tweedy Pickathon Happy Valley, OR 

07: Jeff Tweedy Pickathon Happy Valley, OR

May

06: Glenn Kotche joins Third Coast Percussion to perform Wild Sound Overture Center for the Arts Madison, WI

• 2 weeks later...
July 15, 2016

Dazzle Jazz

Denver, CO

Scott Amendola Band

Performing “Fade To Orange” for quartet

Nels Cline-guitar

Jenny Scheiman-violin

John Shifflett -bass

Scott Amendola-drums/electronics

7:00 PM SHOW | 9:00 PM SHOW

July 16, 2016

Dazzle Jazz

Denver, CO

Scott Amendola Band

Performing “Fade To Orange” for quartet

Nels Cline-guitar

Jenny Scheiman-violin

John Shifflett -bass

Scott Amendola-drums/electronics

7:00 PM SHOW | 9:00 PM SHOW

I saw Nels at Dazzle a year or so ago with the Singers.

I was there, too. It's a cool place and only a block from my friend's apartment. If I weren't unemployed and broke I'd seriously consider flying out for the shows.

• 1 month later...

Glenn Kotche announced as 2017 composer in residence for Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra. Two dates announced.

Added Feb Nels appearances yesterday.

FYI, you can also add Nels' participation at the Complete Last Waltz at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester on November 23. Always wanted to make it to one of these...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nels on Sept 28th added:

September

28: Nels Cline performing with Michael Leonhart Orchestra Rockwood Music Hall Stage 2 NY, NY

October

17: Mikael Jorgensen's project, Quindar, AIGA Design Conference Las Vegas, NV

November

23: Nels Cline as part of the Complete Last Waltz Capitol Theatre Port Chester, NY

January

13: Nels Cline performing with Eyebone (band: Nels, Elias Stemeseder, Jim Black) The Stone NY, NY

February

16: Nels Cline performing with Scott Amendola Quintet SFJAZZ San Francisco, CA

17: Nels Cline performing with Scott Amendola Quintet SFJAZZ San Francisco, CA

18: Nels Cline performing with Scott Amendola Quintet SFJAZZ San Francisco, CA

19: Nels Cline performing with Scott Amendola Quintet SFJAZZ San Francisco, CA

April

08: Nels Cline Royce Hall Los Angeles, CA

09: Nels Cline SFJazz San Francisco, CA

15: Glenn Kotche joins Third Coast Percussion to perform Wild Sound Silva Concert Hall Eugene, OR 

May

21: Glenn Kotche performs with the CYSO Symphony Center Orchestra Hall Chicago, IL

June

03: Glenn Kotche "will arrange his solo percussion work, Mobile, for CYSO's new Philharmonic Orchestra" Studebaker Theatre Chicago, IL

August

22-27: Nels Cline The Stone NY, NY

• 2 weeks later...

Glenn is doing something Friday. 

"a collaborative, sensory driven party curated by Jason Hammel and Glenn Kotche of Wilco, playing with flavors and sounds"

"the Chicago chef and rock musician curated several courses throughout the evening that play on different senses, tastes, tonal frequencies and even color palettes."

At first I thought it was the Cubs' Hammel! 

http://www.chicago.tastetalks.com/master-schedule/2016/9/30/opening-party-presented-by-opentable

"a collaborative, sensory driven party curated by Jason Hammel and Glenn Kotche of Wilco, playing with flavors and sounds"

"the Chicago chef and rock musician curated several courses throughout the evening that play on different senses, tastes, tonal frequencies and even color palettes."

Food fight!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

December

09: Nels Cline joins Gerald Clever and Larry Ochs at Gallery5 in Richmond, VA

I just wanted to jump in here to say thank you for for maintaining this listing, nalafej. Nothing ever seems to come close to me here in Norfolk, VA, so I don't often look at it, but just this morning I noticed this event in Richmond, which is just about 90 minutes up the road. And on a Friday night, no less. I would never have found out about this otherwise. So thanks!

I just wanted to jump in here to say thank you for for maintaining this listing, nalafej. Nothing ever seems to come close to me here in Norfolk, VA, so I don't often look at it, but just this morning I noticed this event in Richmond, which is just about 90 minutes up the road. And on a Friday night, no less. I would never have found out about this otherwise. So thanks!

My pleasure. I love seeing what these musicians get themselves into in their non-Wilco time. Hoping to one day post some Golden Smog or Loose Fur shows!