I wonder if Jeff will add a third show on either Wed or Sat?! The Largo's event calendar is wide open...

Tonight looks fun.

November

20: Jeff Tweedy at "The Second City That Never Sleeps" at 2nd City in Chicago, IL

20: Car Horns (Jeff Tweedy, Sammy Tweedy, Steve Albini, Kim Deal, Kelley Deal, Billy Bungeroth) perform at "The Second City That Never Sleeps" at 2nd City in Chicago, IL

You coming? :guitar

I wonder if Jeff will add a third show on either Wed or Sat?! The Largo's event calendar is wide open...

I think if they were going to add a show that they would've done it already. They knew those Largo shows would sell out immediately. The reason the Largo calendar is so wide open is that they are almost always closed for the holidays from just before Christmas to about a week after New Year's, so they are opening specially to accommodate the Jeff shows.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeff is playing a Get Out the Vote rally in Dekalb Wednesday at the Egyptian. With Lauren Underwood.

Autumn Defense, Glenn, Nels (duo w/ bassist Chris Lightcap) and Yuka C. Honda - Ardmore Music Hall (Philadelphia suburb) - Thursday 12/8

Jeff Tweedy (+ Spencer & Sammy) at Letters to Santa 12/19-20: https://www.24hourmarathon.org/

You coming? :guitar

I think if they were going to add a show that they would've done it already. They knew those Largo shows would sell out immediately. The reason the Largo calendar is so wide open is that they are almost always closed for the holidays from just before Christmas to about a week after New Year's, so they are opening specially to accommodate the Jeff shows.

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

I know this isn't the place for this sorta question, but I'm going to ask anyway! If any LA natives/frequent travelers have a recommendation on where might be nice place to stay for a few days, that wouldn't be terribly inconvenient for a drive to Largo, I'm all ears! Even just a neighborhood with some nice restaurants/shops would be a great place to start. 

Also, curious if those who went to the last JT run there (2013?) can comment on how early that GA line begins to form... From what I've read on Largo's site, their method of assigning GA seats seems pretty well organized, but I'm not sure if arriving at 3pm or 6pm will make much of a difference. Looking forward to my first JT show in CA & hope to see some of you there.  :banana

Newest: Nels in Minnesota

December

03: The Autumn Defense at Concerts in the Studio in Freehold, NJ 3pm and 7pm shows

04: Nels Cline performing in 'The Ayler Christmas Show' at The Stone in New York, NY

06: Nels Cline - Gerald Cleaver - Larry Ochs Trio at Bohemian National Home Gallery in Detroit, MI 

07: Nels Cline - Gerald Cleaver - Larry Ochs Trio at Elastic Arts in Chicago, IL

08: Nels Cline - Gerald Cleaver - Larry Ochs Trio at Firehouse 12 in New Haven, CT

10: Nels Cline with Larry Ochs & Gerald Cleaver at Ardmore Music Hall in Ardmore, PA

11: Nels Cline - Gerald Cleaver - Larry Ochs Trio at James Street Gastropub Ballroom in Pittsburgh, PA

13: Nels Cline - Gerald Cleaver - Larry Ochs Trio at National Sawdust in Brooklyn, NY

15: Jeff Tweedy plays at "Holiday Cheer for FUV" at Beacon Theater in New York, NY

16: Jeff Tweedy on Prairie Home Companion at The Town Hall in New York, NY

19: Matt Wilson's Christmas Tree-O featuring Nels Cline at Jazz Standard in New York, NY

20: Matt Wilson's Christmas Tree-O featuring Nels Cline at Jazz Standard in New York, NY

28: Jeff Tweedy at Largo in Los Angeles, CA

29: Jeff Tweedy at Largo in Los Angeles, CA

29: Nels Cline w/ Yuka Honda, Shanir Blumenkranz, Tim Keiper, Makigami Koichi at The Stone in New York, NY

January

26: Nels Cline performs as part of "Drone Not Drones: The 5th Annual 28-Hour Drone at The Cedar" at Cedar Cultural Center in Minneapolis, MN

30: Jeff Tweedy at Vicar Street in Dublin

31: Jeff Tweedy at Queen's Hall in Edinburgh

February

01: Jeff Tweedy at Albert Hall in Manchester

03: Jeff Tweedy at Barbican in London

March

03: Glenn Kotche with Third Coast Percussion at Alys Stephens Center in Birmingham, AL

18: Nels Cline/ Scott Amendola duo at The Yardbird Suite in Edmonton, Canada

April:

21 or 22: Jeff Tweedy at the Highwater Festival in Charleston, SC

22,23,24, or 25: Nels Cline 'Music from Lovers' w/ Knoxville Jazz Orchestra at Big Ears Festival in Knoxville, TN

22,23,24, or 25: Nels Cline plays with Jenny Scheinman and Scott Amendola 'Mischief & Mayhem' at Big Ears Festival in Knoxville, TN

May

09: Ray Lamontagne and John Stirratt at Bord Gais Energy Theatre in Dublin

11: Ray Lamontagne and John Stirratt at City Hall in Sheffield

13: Ray Lamontagne and John Stirratt at 02 Apollo in Manchester

14: Ray Lamontagne and John Stirratt at SEC Armadillo in Glasgow

16: Ray Lamontagne and John Stirratt at eventim apollo in London

June

20: Nels Cline/ Scott Amendola duo at Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse in Berkeley, CA

• 2 weeks later...

Nick Offerman has shows at the Chicago Theater this weekend and is mentioning Jeff Tweedy in tweets. Maybe they'll debut songs from Nick's recent audio book? Has anybody heard those songs btw? Any good?

I think Jeff said they were lyrics of Nick's that he set to music. I haven't heard them, but I got the impression that maybe he wasn't quite as invested in them as he might be other projects, but anyway. Hopefully Jeff makes an appearance!

Btw, I sent you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Nels Cline with Gerald Cleaver and Larry Ochs last night in New Haven. Pretty mind-blowing set with Nels twiddling knobs and jumping in pedals and generally punishing his guitar. So nice to get to see him up close and in a small club (actually a recording studio.) I think they are heading to Philly next, then Brooklyn. Recommended.

Saw Nels Cline with Gerald Cleaver and Larry Ochs last night in New Haven. Pretty mind-blowing set with Nels twiddling knobs and jumping in pedals and generally punishing his guitar. So nice to get to see him up close and in a small club (actually a recording studio.) I think they are heading to Philly next, then Brooklyn. Recommended.

I had all intentions of going to that show, but our 5 year-old dog had to be put down rather suddenly and my wife broke a rib while - of all dopey things - trimming the Christmas tree.  I could't in any conscience leave her home alone after that load of shit.  Hope he comes back through here.  Cool little venue, no?  You live in New Haven?

Very nearby.

Third time for me at the venue. Sound is great but it is a bit uptight, if you ask me. Friday night was the most lively I’ve seen it. Really great show.

So sorry about your dog. And hope your wife is on the mend.

Very nearby.

Third time for me at the venue. Sound is great but it is a bit uptight, if you ask me. Friday night was the most lively I’ve seen it. Really great show.

So sorry about your dog. And hope your wife is on the mend.

Hey.  Turns out she broke 3 ribs and developed pneumonia from shallow breathing.  She is doing better since last week, though.  The dog, however, is still dead...

Newest: Quindar at MASSMoCA

New: Nels playing at a benefit in NY in Feb

December

16: Jeff Tweedy on Prairie Home Companion at The Town Hall in New York, NY

19: Matt Wilson's Christmas Tree-O featuring Nels Cline at Jazz Standard in New York, NY

20: Matt Wilson's Christmas Tree-O featuring Nels Cline at Jazz Standard in New York, NY

28: Jeff Tweedy at Largo in Los Angeles, CA

29: Jeff Tweedy at Largo in Los Angeles, CA

29: Nels Cline w/ Yuka Honda, Shanir Blumenkranz, Tim Keiper, Makigami Koichi at The Stone in New York, NY

January

20: Quindar at MASSMoCA in North Adams, MA

26: Nels Cline performs as part of "Drone Not Drones: The 5th Annual 28-Hour Drone at The Cedar" at Cedar Cultural Center in Minneapolis, MN

February

06: Nels Cline performs at A Benefit For Creative Music Studio at (Le) Poisson Rouge in New York, NY

March

03: Glenn Kotche with Third Coast Percussion at Alys Stephens Center in Birmingham, AL

April:

22,23,24, or 25: Nels Cline 'Music from Lovers' w/ Knoxville Jazz Orchestra at Big Ears Festival in Knoxville, TN

22,23,24, or 25: Nels Cline plays with Jenny Scheinman and Scott Amendola 'Mischief & Mayhem' at Big Ears Festival in Knoxville, TN

May

08: Ray Lamontagne and John Stirratt at Bord Gais Energy Theatre in Dublin

16: Ray Lamontagne and John Stirratt at Eventim Apollo Hammersmith in London

17: Ray Lamontagne and John Stirratt at Eventim Apollo Hammersmith in London

June

20: Nels Cline/ Scott Amendola duo at Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse in Berkeley, CA

Jeff opened one of YLT's Hanukkah shows at Maxwell's (12/03/2010). Pretty sure YLT opened for Wilco the year before for their Coney Island show, but my memory isn't very good (and I wasn't there). 

And he just did the same thing again for this year's Night #6-

http://viachicago.org/topic/52738-yo-la-tengo-with-tweedy/

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/yo-la-tengo-hanukkah-night-6-tweedy-eugene-mirman-more-pics-video-setlist/

https://www.jambase.com/article/jeff-tweedy-spencer-tweedy-join-yo-la-tengo-hanukkah-show-new-york

• 4 weeks later...

Newest: CUP

January

20: Quindar at MASSMoCA in North Adams, MA

February

06: Nels Cline performs at A Benefit For Creative Music Studio at (Le) Poisson Rouge in New York, NY

14: CUP (Nels Cline/Yuka C Honda) at National Sawdust in New York, NY

21: Nels Cline Performs with John Zorn at The Stone in New York, NY

22: Nels Cline Performs with John Zorn at The Stone in New York, NY

24: Nels Cline is a featured performer at "Excuse Me While I Kiss the Sky - a Tribute to Jimi Hendrix" at Brooklyn Music School in New York, NY

March

02: Nels Cline performs on acoustic guitar in Bobby Previte's Rhapsody Band at Roulette in New York, NY 

03: Nels Cline performs on acoustic guitar in Bobby Previte's Rhapsody Band at the Painted Bride Art Center in Philadelphia, PA

April:

27: Jeff Tweedy at the Vic Theater in Chicago, IL

28: Jeff Tweedy at the Vic Theater in Chicago, IL

May

08: Ray Lamontagne and John Stirratt at Bord Gais Energy Theatre in Dublin

16: Ray Lamontagne and John Stirratt at Eventim Apollo Hammersmith in London

17: Ray Lamontagne and John Stirratt at Eventim Apollo Hammersmith in London

June

20: The Stretch Woven (Nels Cline & Scott Amendola) at Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse in Berkeley, CA

^^ Looks like Jeff won't be joining Mavis Staples onstage at The Vic on 2/3.  Was hoping for that -- maybe by hologram?

Ha - Let's just say a hologram was to appear. What era Jeff Tweedy would you want the hologram to represent (thinking about the US Stamp debate on later vs early era Elvis)?!!