i was going to Nels Cline 4 on wednesday but we've been hit by a once a decade winter storm with more coming. lots of shows cancelled. wonder in Nels is even going to make it to seattle. the roads are horrible in town. just got hit by another snow event tonight with another one following tomorrow. hate to say this but glad i didn't by a ticket for the Nels show.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeff is playing a Get Out the Vote rally in Dekalb Wednesday at the Egyptian. With Lauren Underwood.

Autumn Defense, Glenn, Nels (duo w/ bassist Chris Lightcap) and Yuka C. Honda - Ardmore Music Hall (Philadelphia suburb) - Thursday 12/8

Jeff Tweedy (+ Spencer & Sammy) at Letters to Santa 12/19-20: https://www.24hourmarathon.org/

April

14: Jeff Tweedy at Walker Theatre in Chattanooga

14: Nels Cline with Larry Ochs & Gerald Cleaver at The Bakery Atlanta in Atlanta

15: Nels Cline with Larry Ochs & Gerald Cleaver at Barking Legs Theater in Chattanooga

16: Nels Cline with Larry Ochs & Gerald Cleaver at Hendershots in Athens 

16: Jeff Tweedy at Headliners Music Hall in Louisville

17: Jeff Tweedy at Cincinnati Music Hall Ballroom in Cincinnati

17: Nels Cline with Larry Ochs & Gerald Cleaver at Little Harpeth Brewing Company in Nashville 

18: Jeff Tweedy at Virginia Theatre in Champaign

22: John Stirratt and Ray Lamontagne at Byron Bay Bluesfest 

24: John Stirratt and Ray Lamontagne at State Theater in Sydney

25: John Stirratt and Ray Lamontagne at State Theater in Sydney

26: CUP at Ruba Club in Philadelphia

27: John Stirratt and Ray Lamontagne at Palais Theatre in Melbourne

28: John Stirratt and Ray Lamontagne at Palais Theatre in Melbourne

28: CUP performs at Bowery Ballroom in New York

30: Nels Cline performs as part of Satoko Fuji Orchestra at The Stone in New York

May

20: Jeff Tweedy at Metro in Sydney

22: Jeff Tweedy at Powerhouse in Brisbane

24: Jeff Tweedy at Meeniyan Town Hall in Meeniyan

25: Jeff Tweedy at Atheneum Theatre in Melbourne

26: Jeff Tweedy at Howler in Melbourne

28: Jeff Tweedy at The Gov in Adelaide

June

28: Expandards at Solid Sound in North Adams

30: Jeff Tweedy & Friends, Quindar, Cup, Autumn Defense, Fishing at Solid Sound in North Adams 

July

27: Jeff Tweedy at Newport Folk Festival in Newport

August

09: Nels Cline with Hank Roberts, Ches Smith, and Ingrid Laubrock at The Stone in New York

10: Tweedy at Canal Shores Golf Course in Evanston

17: Nels Cline performs with Tom Rainey and Ben Goldberg at The Stone in New York

September

11: Nels Cline performs as part of 'New Composition for Brass Sextet and Improvisers' at The Stone in New York

I asked Grimey's here in Nashville if they could lineup an in store performance for next week. They said it never hurts to ask and that they'd love to host him. Email just went out for next Wednesday @ noon!

Good job!  :cheers  :party  :thumbup Wish I could be there!

I asked Grimey's here in Nashville if they could lineup an in store performance for next week. They said it never hurts to ask and that they'd love to host him. Email just went out for next Wednesday @ noon!

Nice work! Now you have to jot down the setlist and file a little report...B)

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Nels last night with Gerald Cleaver (drums) and Larry Ochs (Saxophones).  I had a perfect view of Nels and his pedal setup. I was super tired from three nights in a row of live music, and had just come from my dad's birthday dinner (which was a sensory overload for a number of reasons), so I wasn't really in the right headspace for this show, but it was pretty incredible to see Nels put all his devices to work.  Nels really is THE master of that stuff.  It's mind-bending how he can keep all that stuff straight while maintaining a solid connection with the other musicians on stage.    

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm a sky blue sky Mexico festival didn’t see that coming!

Just got the email.  Great line-up.  I'm going to try to make this happen.

I've been tempted to do the Phish one the last couple of the years and the wife likes Wilco a hell of a lot more than she likes Phish, so I'm going to try to make this happen too.  Plus Yo La Tengo!

Yeah, but what an opportunity to see Tropical Fuck Storm and Hillbilly Moon Explosion on the same bill! 

haha!

(sorry, i hadn't seen this post since i last saw this thread... the board should have a notification if your post gets quoted).

i was gonna see TFS tonight in dublin but left a day earlier than i usually do and forgot about it. doh!

haha!

(sorry, i hadn't seen this post since i last saw this thread... the board should have a notification if your post gets quoted).

i was gonna see TFS tonight in dublin but left a day earlier than i usually do and forgot about it. doh!

You can actually turn on email notifications for when your post gets quoted (i just received one  ;)). Safe travels - hope you're having a nice time!

Sadly most of Via Chicago can’t go because we’re all teachers! *sob*.

This cracked me up. At first I thought that, of course teachers cannot go - they are working in late January. Then I realized they are also generally not compensated well enough to do this. So that is two strikes.

Which are the two reasons I will not attend. I hope those who do so have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

On Aug. 24, Nels Cline (Wilco), Scott Metzger (JRAD, Wolf!), Vernon Reid (Living Color) and Joel Harrison will assemble as the Alternative Guitar Summit in Woodstock, NY for a celebration of 50 years of the Woodstock Festival.

The gig will take place at the town’s Colony club, and it appears to be a repeat of the band’s March 2019 Alternative Guitar Summit at NYC’s (Le) Poisson Rouge.

“For countless guitarists Woodstock was a life-changing experience,” reads the show description. “Now fifty years later AGS brings together some of our era’s most singular improvising guitarists to seek new vistas with this powerful, epochal music.”

The August show will see Cline performing the music of Santana, Metzger performing The Who, Reid paying tribute to Sly Stone, CSNY, and Jimi Hendrix and Joel Harrison and Grateful Havens performing the music of Richie Havens and the Grateful Dead.

• 6 months later...

Feels like this thread needs a little reviving, so I’ll post about the news that surfaced today about Jeff playing the “This Land Is Your Land” 80th anniversary concert benefitting Tulsa’s Woody Guthrie Center. The show, which also features Haley Heynderickx, Gangstagrass, John Fullbright and Branjae, will take place at Town Hall in New York City on Feb. 23.

John's part of a benefit show on Thursday (prior to Winterlude finale) at the Chicago Cultural Center:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gather-remember-act-tickets-85183334647

Cup (Nels & Yuka C Honda) have a West Coast tour on the books February with stops in Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Nels also has a few late December shows/appearances in NYC.