I caught AD at the Hamilton in DC a few days ago. They put on a terrific show. Even my non-Wilco friends were highly impressed. I've seen them four or five times now, and this was definitely my favorite performance. Nice backing band and Pat and John have such wonderful harmony. Don't miss them if you have a chance to go.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeff is playing a Get Out the Vote rally in Dekalb Wednesday at the Egyptian. With Lauren Underwood.

Autumn Defense, Glenn, Nels (duo w/ bassist Chris Lightcap) and Yuka C. Honda - Ardmore Music Hall (Philadelphia suburb) - Thursday 12/8

Jeff Tweedy (+ Spencer & Sammy) at Letters to Santa 12/19-20: https://www.24hourmarathon.org/

• 2 weeks later...

From London’s CAFE OTO:

We’re thrilled to welcome Yoko Ono back to Cafe OTO for two very special performances – A trio with Thurston Moore and Steve Shelley next Saturday (22 March) and an NYC-style late night set the following Tuesday (25 March) with Nels Cline and Talvin Singh.

Obviously, this is an incredibly rare opportunity to see one of the most important figures of the twentieth century avant-garde/counter-culture in such an intimate setting.

The ticket links below will be added to our website later today, but we wanted to give email subscribers some advance warning as these are likely to go pretty fast.

YOKO ONO LIVE with Thurston Moore & Steve Shelley

Saturday 22 March, 8pm, Café OTO, London
Buy Tickets SOLD OUT

YOKO ONO LIVE with Nels Cline & Talvin Singh

Tuesday 25 March, 10:45pm, Café OTO, London
Buy Tickets SOLD OUT

Nels and Julian Lage will play two shows as part of the Rochester Jazz Festival on June 23. Unfortunately, it looks like the only way to get tickets is to buy a $194 pass for the festival  :ohwell

Not so!! I live near Rochester & have gone to the Jazz Fest many times. I just came here to post about this myself.

The folks with Jazzfest passes will be there too, but... you just have to get in line early & pay whatever fee there is for any given show & then that show is filled with Jazzfest Pass folks & folks who are just attending selected shows. Of course many sell out, but... it's absolutely possible to not have an Official Full Fest Pass & get into any given show & I'm betting at least one of these.

Nels & Julian are playing on Monday June 23rd at The Little Theater in Rochester at both 7:00 & 9:15...I'm going to do my best to get into both shows, but I'm sure I'll be able to make at least one of them. They were incredible at the 2013 Solid Sound & I'm looking very forward to catching them at this (hopefully both shows!!).

Thanks for the updated list.  I'm going to the Nels Cline Singers show in Evanston, and really really hoping Tweedy will make an appearance at Newport Folk Fest, since they are doing a "75 Years of Mavis" tribute over the weekend.  It's shaking up to be epic.

New Jeff Tweedy shows announced: June 5 @DetroitMasonic & June 10 @TheLincolnDC. Info on pre-sales, tix & more at http://t.co/LWQIA22Vh5

I'm hoping this is the start of some more solo Summer show scheduling for the east coast!! Hoping for a nice little NYC residency, like what went down in L.A. with the four shows that became Roadcase Shows #24-#27...or anything close to where I live would be nice (Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Toronto, Cleveland)...

I'm hoping this is the start of some more solo Summer show scheduling for the east coast!! Hoping for a nice little NYC residency, like what went down in L.A. with the four shows that became Roadcase Shows #24-#27...or anything close to where I live would be nice (Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Toronto, Cleveland)...

Did you see that Toronto festival he's playing at? AWESOME lineup!

• 2 weeks later...

This should be interesting.

This one I should be able to make. I am out of town for both Nels and Glenn's other shows.

The Lightbox Orchestra I have seen a couple times before. It is a very experimental group where Fred (whom Glenn played in his trio in his pre-Wilco days) directs the group with a series of commands which he holds up on cards as I recall. it is all pretty much free improve with very little other structure. It is not for those who want structure or even a modicum of melody; it is pure avant noise most of the time.

But certainly any show at the Hideout is a good time. Hope to see folks there. Hope to see myself there.

LouieB

Line up for the May 21 show: Glenn performs as part of Fred Lonberg-Holm's Lightbox Orchestra - All Drummers Version Hideout Chicago, IL.

Not sure how they are all going to fit all the drum sets on the stage.

The Hideout
1354 W Wabansia Ave
10PM - $12

Mikel P. Avery - drums
Tim Daisy - drums
Glenn Kotche - drums
Ståle Liavik - drums
John Niekrasz - drums
Marc Riordan - drums
Frank Rosaly - drums
Charles Rumback - drums
Michael Zerang - drums
Fred Lonberg-Holm - conductor

Picture of what LouieB was describing.

flh_0.jpg

What does that mean...Pat/Zombies...I just missed Zombies in Miami....I would have gone if I known that Pap was opening for them? or playing with them?

does anyone know if he was in fact in Miami or what he is doing with Zombies?

• 2 weeks later...

Nels will be the musician in residence at the Stone in New York August 5-10. There are two sets each night. Highlights are performances by BB&C (Nels' trio with Tim Berne and Jim Black) on August 5, two sets with the Nels Cline Singers on August 5, a duo with Elliott Sharp on August 7, and a reunion performance with his old trio with Andrea Parkins and Tom Rainey on August 10. Full schedule is here: http://thestonenyc.com/calendar.php?month=4

• 2 weeks later...