• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeff is playing a Get Out the Vote rally in Dekalb Wednesday at the Egyptian. With Lauren Underwood.

Autumn Defense, Glenn, Nels (duo w/ bassist Chris Lightcap) and Yuka C. Honda - Ardmore Music Hall (Philadelphia suburb) - Thursday 12/8

Jeff Tweedy (+ Spencer & Sammy) at Letters to Santa 12/19-20: https://www.24hourmarathon.org/

Nels and Julian Lage will play at Nighttown in Cleveland on July 2. It's kind of buried, but it's confirmed on the venue's website: http://www.jwpjazz.com/nighttown/nighttown_special_events.html

And if they really want to make me happy, they'll swing east with a few more shows on their way back to New York!

Tons of new Tweedy dates up at www.wilcoworld.net right now!

JUN 05
DETROIT, MI
MASONIC TEMPLE
JUN 06
FREE SHOW
JUN 07
HUNTER, NY
MOUNTAIN JAM
JUN 10
WASHINGTON, DC
LINCOLN THEATRE
SOLD OUT
JUN 16
MILWUAKEE, WI
PABST THEATER
PRESALE 5/21 10AM CT
ONSALE 5/23 10AM CT
JUN 17
COLUMBIA, MO
MISSOURI THEATRE
PRESALE 5/21 10AM CT
ONSALE 5/23 10AM CT
JUN 18
PRESALE 5/21 10AM CT
ONSALE 5/23 10AM CT
JUN 21
PRESALE 5/21 10AM CT
ONSALE 5/23 10AM CT
JUN 22
DALLAS, TX 
MAJESTIC THEATRE
PRESALE 5/21 10AM CT
ONSALE 5/23 10AM CT
JUN 24
NASHVILLE, TN 
RYMAN AUDITORIUM
PRESALE 5/21 10AM CT
ONSALE 5/23 10AM CT
JUL 04
JUL 27

Yikes...the home page of wilcoworld.net! Doesn't even say Wilco on it. Just Tweedy.

Yeah, but at this point I'm not reading anything into that--just that there are so many brand new Tweedy solo shows just announced. I mean, there's still Lock'n coming up in a few months, and Solid Sound next summer. 

With everything going on with the guys musically and otherwise this year, it doesn't seem likely we're getting a new Wilco album anytime soon, but I'm hoping that whatever practice time leads up to Lock'n, as well as the days they spend there, will help them all reconnect and fire up the special Wilco creative juices. Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see what the Tweedy solo shows are like--whether he'll have other musicians with him.

Interesting! He's headed to the mid-west & south it look like...so I'm glad I ended up going for the two close together Northeast dates- Baltimore & D.C.. (Pittsburgh too)...thought he'd do a little NYC stint for sure...looking forward to hearing more about that solo album that's supposed to be coming out sooner than later too!
I'm guessing these are all still solo acoustic dates...though it was reported that that Taste Of Chicago date would have a non-Wilco backing band- so who knows...
I wouldn't worry, or read anything into, the "TWEEDY" page...it still leads into "Wilcoworld"...sure Wilco will be up & running when things are good & ready.
Personally I'm thrilled to have all the various side projects to dig too- like the solo acoustic shows (& solo album soon too), Loose Fur & Golden Smog, all of Nels Cline's many projects, The Autumn Defense, etc., etc. on top of Wilco.

Sunday breaking news: We’ve just added more Jeff Tweedy dates to the June tour including gigs in Milwaukee, Austin, Dallas and Nashville (Ryman). Plus, Jeff will be bringing out a newly formed band comprised of his son Spencer Tweedy on drums, Jim Elkington on guitar, Darin Gray on bass and Liam Cunningham on keyboards.   The shows will be loosely staged in at least two parts: the band performing songs from a soon-to-be-released Jeff Tweedy solo album (more details on that soon) and Tweedy performing songs from his Wilco/Uncle Tupelo catalog solo acoustic.

Jul 2: Nels Cline & Julian Lage Nighttown Cleveland, OH

This should be strange. Nighttown is an old fashioned supper club/restaurant/nightclub in Cleveland Heights.

LouieB

Nels to play with Phil Lesh and friends end of May at Capitol Theater

Just picked up a ticket for the Friday show, Phil used this lineup last summer and it was outta site outta mind amazing, add Nels to that line up and we're talking about 3 hours of pure bliss!

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. I'm cranky that this overlaps with the first night of Newport Folk Fest.

Yeah, if it weren't for Ryan Adams on Friday, I'd be tempted to blow off Friday night at Newport and make a side roadtrip to Portsmouth, NH--it's only 2 1/2 hours away. But no. . . down, girl.

Yeah, if it weren't for Ryan Adams on Friday, I'd be tempted to blow off Friday night at Newport and make a side roadtrip to Portsmouth, NH--it's only 2 1/2 hours away. But no. . . down, girl.

I feel the same way. Frankly, I was more excited about seeing RA at NFF than I was Tweedy. I think I'll still try for presale tickets & let fate decide. 

I have a good friend in Exeter so picked up tickets for Portsmouth. It was a little strange-- the presale started at noon, according to wilcoworld.net, but when I logged onto Frontgate at 11:30 to check things out, the tickets were already on sale. Thinking the presale started at 10 am like it usually does, but it was wrong on the site. Anyway, pulled ninth row center orchestra. Theatre only seats 900, so it should be lovely and intimate!

This sure is an expensive hobby, BTW.

I have a good friend in Exeter so picked up tickets for Portsmouth. It was a little strange-- the presale started at noon, according to wilcoworld.net, but when I logged onto Frontgate at 11:30 to check things out, the tickets were already on sale. Thinking the presale started at 10 am like it usually does, but it was wrong on the site. Anyway, pulled ninth row center orchestra. Theatre only seats 900, so it should be lovely and intimate!

This sure is an expensive hobby, BTW.

Wilcoworld said 10am yesterday and I think this morning. I logged in and got 2 in the 2nd row at 10am. Soon after I asked a friend if she pulled anything and she said the site said noon so she hadn't even tried yet... I'm not sure what happened. Either way, now I need to sell 2 tickets for NFF!

Wilcoworld said 10am yesterday and I think this morning. I logged in and got 2 in the 2nd row at 10am. Soon after I asked a friend if she pulled anything and she said the site said noon so she hadn't even tried yet... I'm not sure what happened. Either way, now I need to sell 2 tickets for NFF!

Strange... on my screen under the "Shows" link it still says noon on 6/5 for presale. But on the Tweedy page that comes up first when you go to Wilcoworld, the Portsmouth date on 7/25 isn't on the list at all anymore. A triviality, but weird anyhow.