Hummingbird

Jesus Etc.

Whole Love

Box Full Of Letters

Dawned On Me

Heavy Metal Drummer

Shot In The Arm

Encore:

California Stars (w/ guitar player from Mavis Staples band, and drummer on shakers)

The Weight (with Mavis Staples and band, including backing singers)

The written setlist also had a second encore, which would have been Airline to Heaven, Walken, and I'm The Man Who Loves You. Airline was my request! I told Jeff at the airport this morning how I requested it for Wellington, so at least he thought of me. The crew was setting up for the second encore and the lights were off for some time, but I guess they decided they couldn't top Mavis and her band and left it at that.

The crowd wasn't quite as enthusiastic as Wellington last night. Jeff commented that the singing was quite lackluster on Hummingbird. The crowd singalong for the next song Jesus was quite healthy, but it didn't have the energy or vibe that Wellington did, which still for me was the best show out of the 6 I saw.

A couple of songs that hadn't been played on the tour to date. Wilco the album finally got some love with One Wing, presumably due to the Auckland link. Neil, Tim and Liam Finn were in the audience, (Neil and Tim on one side of the balcony, Liam on the other), so maybe it was Neil's request.

The Weight was quite special I have to say. Mavis, the guitarist (sorry can't remember his name), John and Jeff all sang a verse, and it brought the house down. I can understand why they didn't follow through with another encore (maybe they should have done the second encore before that). All up though, another stellar show. Not up to the lofty Wellington heights, but brilliant nonetheless.

So that brings an end to my 6 show run! What a fantastic tour. I hope it's less than 3 years before they make the trip to the Southern Hemisphere again. Thank you Wilco.

Thank You Ecythump, great report :wave

Hope you have a good flight back to Melbourne. I'm travelling back today. I've loved Wellington, what a gorgeous place. It's been wonderful seeing Wilco this March and April.. . .  should we start saving our pennies for Solid Sound? :usa

Glad my hometown is getting some love. The shows this tour have seemed a bit short in comparison to the last tour and recent shows (even factoring in that One Sunday Morning is the length of three songs), how long were they on for last night? 21 songs sounds brief.  On the other hand its nice to see a bit more mixing up of the setlists - two Wilco songs and a cover that haven't been played on the tour, plus one that's only made one appearance.

Personally, SS13 is a bit close, but I'm starting to seriously think about either SS14 or trying to get to a Living Room show. Anyone else?

Hope you have a good flight back to Melbourne. I'm travelling back today. I've loved Wellington, what a gorgeous place. It's been wonderful seeing Wilco this March and April.. . .  should we start saving our pennies for Solid Sound? :usa

You're welcome, and I owe you a water next time, didn't get a chance to repay you :)

Solid Sound this year is impossible for me (unless I quit the job I'm about to start before then!), but I'm seriously thinking about 2014

Are you sure that wasn't Elroy Finn, Liam's younger brother? I think Liam's in New York at the moment, and Elroy was involved in the 7 Worlds Collide album and performed at the shows.

Quite possibly. I was going on a report of what the person next to me told me. I saw Neil and Tim with my own eyes though, they were definitely there.

They played for a bit under 2 hours. They came on around 9:40pm, and it was all over by 11:35pm. 

I neglected to say Jeff came out during Mavis's set again and played You Are Not Alone. Mavis varied her set quite a bit from Wellington. In Wellington they played The Weight, and when it was missing from her opening set it should have been a clue of what was to come.

Wow, just back from the best weekend ever!

I loved both Welly and Auckland shows, I especially love the wellington vibe and I was very happy with the set lists even though I didn't get my request, (more like the moon), it seemed like nearly all happy songs, or maybe i was just so super happy to be there :)

(those are my hands and moonstone ring on the youtube clip lol.)

So I got the t-shirt, got the poster, got the setlist from Auckland and was also on their flight from Wellington and they were lovely and awesome enough for me to get this -

wilcoa.JPG

Yay!

Hoping they'll be back next year.

Nice! I saw all that happen, I was sitting on the seat directly behind where Pat is standing :) Jeff remembered you from Wellington, because when I was chatting to him before we went into the gate he saw you and commented to their tour manager that you were there last night. Jeff sees everything apparently!

I loved both Welly and Auckland shows, I especially love the wellington vibe and I was very happy with the set lists even though I didn't get my request, (more like the moon), it seemed like nearly all happy songs, or maybe i was just so super happy to be there :)

So I got the t-shirt, got the poster, got the setlist from Auckland and was also on their flight from Wellington and they were lovely and awesome enough for me to get this -

[img=http://viachicago.org/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] wilcoa.JPG

Yay!

Wow! What a splendid photo. Good for you, Luminous!

It was such a great weekend. X

We did the Wilco weekend and had an awesome time: got to say hi to Pat Sansone in Wellington and to Mavis in Auckland; met Eckythump in the front row at the Wellington show; and witnessed Wilco and Mavis give a tremendous rendition of The Weight in Auckland. We had wondered if the Auckland show could possibly be better than the Wellington show and that closing number provided the answer.

This show was the first we have watched from upstairs. It gives a great view of Glenn and how hard he works on that drum kit. I thought Via Chicago was a highlight of the show.

Fingers crossed for a Wilco return very soon. Pretty sure we'll be following them through Australasia next tour.

(Maybe i need a Wilco tour piggybank).

PS - Does anyone else think Pat should be given more guitar solos?

The above is a great shot.

I know right! I'm so rapt and thankful to the woman who took it for me, I approached Jeff and he said sure and then I asked if I could get a shot with all of them and he said that might be a little hard to organise so I said ok no worries and didn't realise till later they were all captured! I love the look on Glen's face.

Nice! I saw all that happen, I was sitting on the seat directly behind where Pat is standing :) Jeff remembered you from Wellington, because when I was chatting to him before we went into the gate he saw you and commented to their tour manager that you were there last night. Jeff sees everything apparently!

Haha, that's so funny and good to know,

I'm a bit guilty and have to admit he may have remembered me because there was a scuffle behind me near the front when I stepped into a gap closer to the stage and when Jeff said "I saw the whole thing, she started it" he may have been referring and pointing to me :innocent

I'm a bit guilty and have to admit he may have remembered me because there was a scuffle behind me near the front when I stepped into a gap closer to the stage and when Jeff said "I saw the whole thing, she started it" he may have been referring and pointing to me :innocent

He was referring to a lady who was jumping all over people and being annoying. Apparently she settled down after security had a word and then she left after one more song.

He was referring to a lady who was jumping all over people and being annoying. Apparently she settled down after security had a word and then she left after one more song.

Oh ok, it was behind me but I thought I might've kicked it off by moving up, it's so good to be able to get as close as we can easily at NZ shows eh, although last time they didn't have that three foot gap for security and front row was right against the stage, I like the gap though, my ears aren't still ringing today like they were for days after being up against a speaker!

attachicon.gifwilcoa.JPG

Yay!

That's such a great photo, everyone looks so happy!

Haha, that's so funny and good to know,

Yes he mentioned that incident, but I don't think he was implicating you, just that he remembered your face around where that was taking place :)

We did the Wilco weekend and had an awesome time: got to say hi to Pat Sansone in Wellington and to Mavis in Auckland; met Eckythump in the front row at the Wellington show; and witnessed Wilco and Mavis give a tremendous rendition of The Weight in Auckland. We had wondered if the Auckland show could possibly be better than the Wellington show and that closing number provided the answer.

This show was the first we have watched from upstairs. It gives a great view of Glenn and how hard he works on that drum kit. I thought Via Chicago was a highlight of the show.

Fingers crossed for a Wilco return very soon. Pretty sure we'll be following them through Australasia next tour.

(Maybe i need a Wilco tour piggybank).

PS - Does anyone else think Pat should be given more guitar solos?

It was great to meet you and your wife too! (I had no idea you guys were on this forum, I should have known though because you were both super nice and awesome!). Yes I loved Via Chicago too. I would love to see Pat get more solos, but it's hard to take them away from Nels. Too many talented guys!

Hey eckythump, I actually have 3 different shots and as I was getting some printed today I realized this must be you just visible behind Pat here - 

I can send you the high res file if you like:)

wilcob.JPG

You absolutely should, Fiona!!! :yes