Dylan, Wilco, My Morning Jacket summer tour

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can Wilco open for Dylan and the Stones at the same time? :yeaahh Presuming the Stones will announce a summer leg of their tour, seeing that absolutely zero cities in the southern U.S. are on the current tour...between the work that goes into Solid Sound and the new record, Wilco probably won't tour until Fall. BUT I will definitely be going to see MMJ and Dylan.

This is true...my source (who I reliable and works on the inside) says 4 acts to be on the tour (Dylan, MMJ, Wilco and TBD)...the only date I know of is South Florida and that date is after the end of the stones tour.....tickets going on sale next Sat.

Some festival of some sort is what I am told.

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO

This is true...my source (who I reliable and works on the inside) says 4 acts to be on the tour (Dylan, MMJ, Wilco and TBD)...the only date I know of is South Florida and that date is after the end of the stones tour.....tickets going on sale next Sat.

Some festival of some sort is what I am told.

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO

What you're really trying to do here is use subliminal messaging and tell us that the forth band is actually said to be Drive-By Truckers. Even though you were sworn to secrecy by your reliable source, you feel the VC community is smart enough to decode the backwards message. Thanks suites!

What you're really trying to do here is use subliminal messaging and tell us that the forth band is actually said to be Drive-By Truckers. Even though you were sworn to secrecy by your reliable source, you feel the VC community is smart enough to decode the backwards message. Thanks suites!

DBT, that would be the icing on the cake of an already amazing line up.

No dates/venues listed yet, but this is from    http://www.bobdylan.com/us/news

americanarama_web.jpg
April 21, 2013
AmericanaramA Festival of Music On Tour This Summer

with additional artists at select venues including Richard Thompson Electric Trio and Ryan Bingham

Pre-sale tickets on sale starting this Wednesday morning, April 24.

For me this primarily means Wilco!! & Richard Thompson Electric Trio!!...which, on the same bill, would be truly incredible...neat news indeed!

Toyota Park in Chicago 

News flash: Bob Dylan & His Band, Wilco, My Morning JacketRichard Thompson - RT Electric Trio & more to tour North America this summer as "Americanarama Festival of Music". Details Monday Noon on Wilcoworld and beyond. Watch this space. #americanarama #toyotaparkchicago

Oh man.  I would not go to a horrible, giant, traffic nightmare venue like that for anyone but Wilco.  Don't see how I can pass up this amazing lineup though.

whats bad?  ive never been there? traffic, parking, sound?

I haven't been to a concert there (don't think they host many), but it's a soccer stadium located near Midway.  Maybe I'm just being extra curmudgeony today, but the era of my life where I'm content to sit in my car for an hour and a half waiting to get out of a parking lot is long over :)  I swore off stadium concerts years ago, though this is totally worth coming out of retirement for.

I haven't been to a concert there (don't think they host many), but it's a soccer stadium located near Midway.  Maybe I'm just being extra curmudgeony today, but the era of my life where I'm content to sit in my car for an hour and a half waiting to get out of a parking lot is long over :)  I swore off stadium concerts years ago, though this is totally worth coming out of retirement for.

yea.  this and PJ at Wrigley make $10 beers, $30 parking and 60 minute entry/exit of venue seem enticing