Dylan, Wilco, My Morning Jacket summer tour

Pulled two pit/GA tickets for Irvine right at 10 AM but lost them due to some error ocurring when I clicked the button to purchase.

Searched and searched for about a half hour until I pulled Lower Level Orchestra Row K and decided to go for it.  Actually glad that I ended up with seats in the end since it will be such a long evening.  I can say with certainty that I won't be using my seat during MMJ or Wilco's set.

Excited to see Dylan for the first time!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding my other post about prices being a scam: yeah, it's crazy that I got a $100 ticket in the pit and people who will be seated behind me will pay $215 for their seat. Oh well, sucks to be them, but jeez. That ain't right.

that's how Neil does his arena shows...the cheapest seats are floor GA, which can be the closest. if you wanna sit yr keister down, you gotta pay for that privilege. if that's a scam, that's a fabulous one.

that's how Neil does his arena shows...the cheapest seats are floor GA, which can be the closest. if you wanna sit yr keister down, you gotta pay for that privilege. if that's a scam, that's a fabulous one.

From the band's perspective, it's also a good way to keep the most enthusiastic audience members up close. It probably helps feed both the performer's energy and that of the rest of the crowd, to have people standing, cheering and dancing up front. 

It's actually a little like what some musical theater shows do (Rent and Wicked come to mind, and I'm sure there are others). They reserve the first couple of rows for a lottery system day of show, and they keep the prices really low--$20 or so--to appeal to young people who will naturally get into the show in an expressive way. 

It's a nice generous thing for the younger and less well-off audience members, but there's probably a little bit of a self-serving angle too.

This show isn't exactly what you're describing for Neil's arena shows. For one, the tickets were listed before they went on sale as US $25.00 Ticket + US $7.00 Fees = US $32.00 or US $89.00 Ticket + US $16.70 Fees = US $105.70. Only two options, leading one to think that the lawn seats would be $32 and seated, $106.

When I signed in for the presale, I chose the option of “best available” and it gave me the GA pit. It never mentioned higher priced tickets at that point. Only later did it give all these B.S. options (gold, silver, or whatever) that are literally twice what I paid, for seats right behind me.

I probably shouldn’t bitch about being closer than those people paying $215.00 per ticket, but it seemed very disingenuous the way Live Nation set it all up. Also, as Robby mentioned, Tampa heat is pretty brutal by the end of June, so I suspect our enthusiasm will begin to wane after three or four hours on our feet.

I went in for Saratoga.  I was only going to buy if I was able to get pit, which I eventually ended up getting.  But the whole experience was ridiculous on several levels.  I've never had to watch an advertisement to access the captcha before.  And ticket insurance??!!! WTF?

I went in for Saratoga.  I was only going to buy if I was able to get pit, which I eventually ended up getting.  But the whole experience was ridiculous on several levels.  I've never had to watch an advertisement to access the captcha before.  And ticket insurance??!!! WTF?

As difficult as it was to support a Live Nation show, I just pulled the trigger for pit access @ Saratoga as well.  See you down in front!

So Bridgeport was listed as a presale of 4/30 and still is 4/30 on the Wilco site, but the Dylan site has the date now listed at 5/1, hmmmm.

The Pre-Sale link on the Wilco site takes yout to Ticketmaster which doesn't even list the Bridgeport show.

Me too. I just couldn't help myself.

I'm planning on staying for a bit of Dylan's set, then leaving to avoid that nightmare of a post-show parking lot.

Just wait until he starts Ballad of a Thin Man. It's been the last song for a while, and no one else will likely leave during it. You'll be set! :lol

Just wait until he starts Ballad of a Thin Man. It's been the last song for a while, and no one else will likely leave during it. You'll be set! :lol

Thanks for the tip!

The only thing that will keep me there is if there are reports of Jeff & co. Joining him on stage. Not betting on it, though.

Of course, if Dylan switches up the setlist again, I will be proven hopelessly wrong. However, he has been ending shows with Thin Man for at least a month or two, I think, so you could probably stick around for 12 or more songs before you hear it. The song is not even in my Top 50 favorite Dylan tunes, but the way he does it these days is very entertaining.

2 PIT for Merriweather: $198 will call.

Glad at SS, I won't be saying "Goodnight and Goodbye" to the band! 

Interesting the pricing of this tour. The $$ varies widely from show to show.  And the variety of venues too, from sheds to ball parks.  I'll be hitting the Bridgeport show, and it's all general admission for $68!