Dylan, Wilco, My Morning Jacket summer tour

Should be interesting as Wilco will be a well oiled machine by July and the Jacket has taken a bit of a hiatus while JJ tours solo. I still see both bands killing every single show this on this tour.

Yup. I think we're all in for a treat. This is just insane for those of us who love both Wilco and the Jacket... especially if they both get actual full sets.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a mix playing and The Traveling Wilburys' "Where Were You Last Night" came on, causing me to think that Jeff Tweedy would sound great exchanging verses with Bob Dylan on this song live. Perhaps Jeff could help revive the old band, taking on the moniker Doby Wilbury!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Columbus show has been cancelled.  Received the following email notice...  

Your Event Has Been Canceled BOB DYLAN & HIS BAND
Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your upcoming event has been canceled:
Bob Dylan & His Band
Nationwide Arena
Sunday, July 7th at 5:30PM

We’re sorry that your event has been canceled. For your convenience, we’ve automatically refunded your order, including fees, (except UPS and InStore Pick Up, if applicable), which will appear on your credit card within 7 – 10 business days.

Questions? Just hit reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com!
Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support

Looks like that's the only one to be cancelled...at least so far.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2013/06/05/americanarama-festival-cancels-columbus.html

It’s the only date being removed from the 28-city tour, said Catherine Swedberg of Jam Productions, the tour’s Chicago-based producer.

When reached, she did not offer a reason for the cancellation.

Arena spokeswoman Leslie Lane could not confirm if low ticket sales were a factor, although she cited the show “wasn’t sold out by any means.”

• 2 weeks later...

Wilco are changing up the set lists big time & playing with Bob Weir...which for me means...they might play with Richard Thompson too & probably most importantly, they are playing 75 minutes a show- RIGHT ON!!!!
I am now in for both Toronto (where I think I've got a great single...sorry to my friends who are also fence sitting, but I'm taking that one & running with it) & most probably Darien Lake (Richard Thompson isn't opening there, Ryan Bingham is, & I truly hate that venue, but it looks like there are plenty of absolutely great seats at very low, & probably going to get lower yet prices)...following up the mind blowing experience of Solid Sound 2013...honestly how could I hold out for long? orangewink.gif

Richard & Wilco are 2 of my favorites, but it's hard for me to figure out what they'd collaborate on.  Maybe Wilco playing "Shoot Out the Lights" or "Wall of Death"?  I could definitely hear a Nels solo on lots of Richard Thompson songs.  Maybe Richard could join in on a Hoodoo Vodoo or Handshake Drugs guitar duel?

Hoping for some Wilco with Richard Thompson as the tour progresses!!!! Or even Wilco with Dylan, or Thompson with Dylan- just got a killer ticket for Toronto this week...
But here's a killer from last night with Bob Weir...they already done "Ripple", "Friend Of The Devil", "Dead Flowers" & an intriguing "Dark Star">"California Stars">"Dark Star"...but last night I think they topped all of those with "Bird Song">"Tomorrow Never Know"!!!!
Maybe they'll just end up doing all of "Revolver" someday ;)  (Tweedy does "I'm Only Sleeping", & Wilco just did "And Your Bird Can Sing")

well it looks like no press credentials are being issued for the tour...i just checked the site for tickets and there are a ton of seats in the outermost seating sections at Comcast...sections 10 and 14 each have only sold two (2) seats so far.

oof.

and i thought Richard Thompson was playing the Comcast date, but now it's showing Ryan Bingham.

Richard & Wilco are 2 of my favorites, but it's hard for me to figure out what they'd collaborate on.  Maybe Wilco playing "Shoot Out the Lights" or "Wall of Death"?  I could definitely hear a Nels solo on lots of Richard Thompson songs.  Maybe Richard could join in on a Hoodoo Vodoo or Handshake Drugs guitar duel?

I want to hear Wilco and Thompson play Sloth or Calvary Cross! Nels and RT soloing away, too much!!!

I want to hear Wilco and Thompson play Sloth or Calvary Cross! Nels and RT soloing away, too much!!!

Amen to that.

Tear Stained Letter would be great.  I can't wait to hear what they do. 

Maybe it's because I know next to nothing about the dead, but Weir was so boring to me. The songs seemed so disjointed and I felt like he was kind of a mess. Maybe too stoned or something?

Weir. I don't smoke.

I gotta admit, Wier was always my least favorite thing about the Dead.  Still, it's cool that he's sitting in with the other bands.  That should be happening more on this tour.  Why not some of the Wilco or MMJ guys sitting in with other acts?

I agree. I know Bob is a bit of an easy target, being in the druggy Dead all those years (and taking a spill a few weeks ago), but the guy is a legend. At 65, I highly doubt he is sparking up a fatty before he performs. His performances in Tampa and Atlanta were great, and he mixed his set list up just as much as Wilco at all four shows. I was especially impressed that he didn't make it a self-indulgent set of obscure solo tunes or Grateful Dead only. He covered Dylan, Delbert McClinton, & The Platters, in addition to performing songs from his own considerable songbook. And he delivered with about 10 times more energy than Dylan, from what I observed.