Dylan, Wilco, My Morning Jacket summer tour

No...it mean ticket brokers/scalpers have over-bought the show...and now they are facing eating all those costs or unloading what they can, as fast as they can, for whatever they can get...check stubhub.com, ebay.com & your local craigslist for tickets (Ticket Liquidators too- google that/them)...

Oh, gotcha!  Thanks for the tip... forgot all about online ticket brokers!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you mention in a previous post that you hadn't listened to any of Dylan's recent albums?  'Cause overall they're better than the Rubin/Cash albums.

I've heard them and I disagree.

I read a story on Expecting Rain the other day about a man and his family who met Bob recently. The way he tells it - it was a pleasant experience.

Do you have a link  - wouldn't mind reading that.

Do you have a link  - wouldn't mind reading that.

Expecting Rain-->Bob Dylan-->General Discussion-->Got To Meet Bob Yesterday At The Hotel

(I feel odd about linking that here for some odd reason. But - follow the path above and you will see it)

Expecting Rain-->Bob Dylan-->General Discussion-->Got To Meet Bob Yesterday At The Hotel

(I feel odd about linking that here for some odd reason. But - follow the path above and you will see it)

I'm so glad you pointed us to that thread, A-man. I just read the whole 5 pages and am grinning from ear to ear. I'm really glad to read and hear such nice, human things about him, because I hate going to see him with a sour attitude. These heartwarming things really help.

I was just listening to Theologians yesterday and fell in love with this song all over again. Great lyrics, great groove, and a very meaningful song to me. Seems like Wilco doesn't play it nearly often enough. So, big request here: Would you guys mind helping me stuff the ballot box for this one in Virginia Beach on 7/25? I would really appreciate it if you would make the short journey over to wilcoworld.net and request this one for me NOW--while you're thinking of it. Who knows, it might just work.

My wife's concert favorite. She has the gift as it gets played often at our shows (AmericanaramA Tampa let her down though). Ballot box will be stuffed twice at least.

........annnnnddddd Charlie Sexton is gone already from Dylan's band.  Shit!  Replaced by Colin Linden.

wow thought it was a passport issue....I think Charlie was temp....who knows, he should get Mick Taylor and GE Smith

I saw GE Smith in Dylan's band a couple of times in the late 80s. Those shows were tough to take - muddy, muddy sound from the band, poor vocals. Two of the worst concerts I have seen. By anyone. A shock after seeing Dylan rip it up on the tour with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers just a year or two before that. The Dylan/Petty tour was fun, similar to Dylan's tours with The Band where the setlist was a mix between Dylan's songs and the backing band's songs. Wouldn't that be interesting if Dylan and Wilco did a tour like that? A sample setlist:

Things Have Changed

Love Sick

High Water (for Charley Patton)

Soon After Midnight

Early Roman Kings

Tangled Up in Blue

Airline to Heaven

I am Trying to Break Your Heart

Misunderstood

Art of Almost

Duquesne Whistle

She Belongs to Me

Beyond Here Lies Nothing

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Blind Willie McTell

Via Chicago

California Stars

The Late Greats

Impossible Germany

Simple Twist of Fate

Thunder on the Mountain

Visions of Johanna

Encore:

All Along the Watchtower

Blowin' in the Wind

Pretty great show last night in Bridgeport.  I think Colin Linden will be an excellent addition to the band if he sticks around for a while.  He definitely looked intent last night and genuinely thrilled at the end of "Watchtower".  He seemed to be paying an incredible amount of attention to Dylan's piano-noodling, which he was trying to accentuate with guitar fills.  It will be interesting to see how this dynamic develops over time, as at times last night it sounded pretty great. 

I posted a pretty complete show review in the "After the Show" section if anybody is interested...

GE Smith is on Roger Waters tour isn't he?

I saw GE Smith in Dylan's band a couple of times in the late 80s. Those shows were tough to take - muddy, muddy sound from the band, poor vocals. Two of the worst concerts I have seen. By anyone. A shock after seeing Dylan rip it up on the tour with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers just a year or two before that. The Dylan/Petty tour was fun, similar to Dylan's tours with The Band where the setlist was a mix between Dylan's songs and the backing band's songs. Wouldn't that be interesting if Dylan and Wilco did a tour like that? A sample setlist:

I saw a few of those shows. One on an island in a river in Harrisburg PA maybe?

City Island, now home to the AA Harrisburg Senators baseball team.

i saw a number of fine shows there in my youth, including the Dead, Aerosmith,the Cars, Judas Priest, and others I can't immediately recall!