Dylan, Wilco, My Morning Jacket summer tour

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, My Wilco shows for the Summer of 2013 are behind me now.

Thank you Wilco for another fun filled musical ride around the country side. Mass Moca, Hoboken, and Jones Beach were the shows I could make. I must say that I have not had this much fun since the spring of 2010 on the Evevning With Wilco Tour.

Even with the shorter sets, the guests and the shaking up of the set lists made this a blast for me

Posted by Richard Thompson on Facebook and circulated in his Beesweb email:

"We were delighted to be a part of the AmericanaramA tour, playing in such illustrious company. This really was a rolling festival, with considerable logistics - I think I counted 11 tour buses, and half a dozen trucks to move everything from town to town. For me, touring on this scale was a new experience, and our thanks to Jeff and all with Wilco for including us so often in their set, and thanks to Bob for his generosity."

Posted by Richard Thompson on Facebook and circulated in his Beesweb email:

"We were delighted to be a part of the AmericanaramA tour, playing in such illustrious company. This really was a rolling festival, with considerable logistics - I think I counted 11 tour buses, and half a dozen trucks to move everything from town to town. For me, touring on this scale was a new experience, and our thanks to Jeff and all with Wilco for including us so often in their set, and thanks to Bob for his generosity."

Here's a nice interview with Thompson post-AmericanaramA with some nice words about Wilco and being on the tour (and having Dylan cover him)!

Here's a nice interview with Thompson post-AmericanaramA with some nice words about Wilco and being on the tour (and having Dylan cover him)!

What a great read, shines a revealing light on an evolving artist. I love the irony that as a solo artist Richard Thompson went "electric" supporting Bob Dylan.  I saw alotta smiles onstage from the rail at Clarkston..  I hadn't seen R.T. since Welles Park in 2000. That acoustic performance was amazing. Seeing R.T. previous to that dates back to my first Wilco performance : Guiness Fleadh 1998. When a bottle of water was worth an ounce of gold or as rare as billy bragg these days..

Guest Don Draper

I guess this is a good a place to jump in as any. I was able to catch this tour in St. Paul and Duluth. I'm a HUGE Dylan fan and I love Trampled by Turtles, but only knew about Wilco in the way that everybody knows a little about Wilco. WOW. I immediately picked up The Whole Love and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot the next day, and I can't get enough of "Born Alone." The song "Laminated Cat" - is that unreleased? I think that was the song I liked, based on the setlist...but I can't find it on any of their albums. Is there a recording of that available? There's nothing better than "discovering" a "new band." I'm hooked.

Welcome to VC, Mr. Draper!  :wave

Laminated Cat is a Loose Fur song, which is often performed by Wilco, sometimes as "Not for the Season": http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/03/the-15-best-non-wilco-jeff-tweedy-songs/

You'll also want to check out http://www.owlandbear.com/wilco-archive/ , particularly the demos at the bottom of the page.

(Warning: those links will lead you down a rabbit hole of Wilco-related goodness.  I apologize in advance.   :) )

Not only is "Not For the Seasons" an awesome YHF outtake, but all in all there are at least three variations of it going around. The sparse Jeff solo version, the dynamic Loose Fur version aka Laminated Cat, and the sped-up over-the-top YHF demo version. "Born Alone" is is also one of my recent favorites. You got good taste in Wilco already!

Yeah. Owl & Bear. Gonna be about an hour before CenturyLink throttles my internet.

Owl & Bear ROCKS, to be sure...but...

A nice idea, if you're gonna download is to support the band that lets that stuff out so far & free...so consider doing a little Wilco related shopping (good for the Karma & they have cool stuff)...or...

better yet...Wilco releases live shows via the Roadcase series, and you'll find "Laminated Cat"/"Not For The Season" there as well, on a few shows actually...so if you don't dig a shirt, or hat, try a regular Roadcase release...and N-Joy!!

http://wilco.kungfustore.com/

http://wilco.kungfustore.com/categories/491-roadcase

I hope to hell last night's show gets put up in the Roadcase. I'm dying to hear a good recording of the Bob Weir collaborations, especially St. Stephen.

And John Doe coming out for New World. Seems like another heartstopper. 

Hoo boy, we've got some catching up to do. I'm glad Facebook and other online forums were around to keep us obsessives informed, but there's nothing like good ol' VC. So welcome back, gorgeous!!

That was a rugged several days to get through!  Hope that never happens again, at least not while Wilco's on tour (and making crazy setlists and collaborations every night)!

Hoo boy, we've got some catching up to do. I'm glad Facebook and other online forums were around to keep us obsessives informed, but there's nothing like good ol' VC. So welcome back, gorgeous!!

Not only was I reading the set lists and comments on FB, I was tempted to contact some of you to ask about VC.

Sick. :lol

Not only was I reading the set lists and comments on FB, I was tempted to contact some of you to ask about VC.

Sick. :lol

Who you calling sick? Me, who sent messages to the 3 admins I'm friends with on Facebook the very morning it happened? We need to start up a VC outage support group.