Fleetwood Mac-Mick Fleetwood does not play alone

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you being sarcastic?  If not this is getting a little ridiculous.  All singers forget lyrics sometimes.  Jeff Tweedy does it all the time.  

Lip-syncing, stealth musicians off stage, are one thing, but there's nothing wrong with having words to reference every once in a while during a lyrical brain fart.. 

No sarcasm from me. The teleprompter bugs me. And yes, of course I know the reason they are used. I'd rather have Tweedy forget some lyrics then to use an aid. To me, it's glorified karaoke to use them, even if they are your own words you're reading. And I stand by my statement that it affects the way you sing.

And I stand by my statement that it affects the way you sing.

I think that's obviously true.   I'm surprised you're beng questioned on that statement.

Yeah but I seriously doubt he is reading the teleprompter word for word.  It's supposed to be there as a safety net for a forgotten lyric here and there... I doubt he would need to use it for every word in a song. 

Yeah but I seriously doubt he is reading the teleprompter word for word.  It's supposed to be there as a safety net for a forgotten lyric here and there... I doubt he would need to use it for every word in a song. 

Hell, I've seen Michael Stipe use a music stand with the lyrics situated on it.

• 4 years later...

I did a search for FM and this is what came up.

Wanted to give a shout out to Lindsey Buckingham and how great of a player he is.  I saw a youtube from this weekend show (Classic West).  He is very underrated.  Very unique sound and he has what looks like a custom guitar (same one he has been playing since at least Tusk tour).  It is not a standard Gibson or Fender. 

Read the thread and to talk bout the teleprompter.  Last time I saw FM, I was sitting side stage and was looking at a monitor that feeds Stevie Nicks teleprompter and it was crazy, had all the song lyrics as well as what she would say in between songs.  Even had something like (during Gypsy) that said go to back of stage in get Gypsy Cape.  Nuts.

Still a great show and it felt all live to me.

Will go see them again if they come to SF.