"What Light" for the State Rock Song of Illinois

A few years ago, the Oklahoma General Assembly voted to make The Flaming Lips' "Do You Realize?" the official state rock song.  I think it's about time Illinois did the same with Wilco.  After weeding through a lot of songs that were just too depressing (yet amazing), I realized that "What Light" has a pretty nice message that most everyone can get behind.

That's why I made this petition.  Once it gets enough signatures, I'll go ahead and pass it on to a few General Assembly members I know personally and see if any of them are willing to take on this fun cause.  What do you say?  Sign it and share?

Actually "Oklahoma" is the state song for Oklahoma.  Maybe the Flaming Lips song is the other official song.

Had XRT not played the living shit out of What Light I would say I would sign off on it for the other state song, but I would prefer ViaChicago.

LouieB

Actually "Oklahoma" is the state song for Oklahoma.  Maybe the Flaming Lips song is the other official song.

A few years ago, the Oklahoma General Assembly voted to make The Flaming Lips' "Do You Realize?" the official state rock song. 

It should be a tune from one of those fine Illinoise bands Styx or The REO Speedwagon.

Actually I would prefer the Illinois General Assembly figure out what to do about the state pension shortfall instead of spending time on designating a state rock song.

LouieB