Toots Hibbert hit with a botle

People suck.  Who would throw a bottle at anyone, nevermind a 70 year old man? (I suppose the answer is a drunk 19 year old ...)

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/latest-news/reggae-singer-files-million-suit-in-bottle-throwing-incident/article_c35abfc2-d465-11e2-a17d-001a4bcf6878.html

Frederick “Toots” Hibbert has filed a lawsuit seeking $21 million against a young Henrico County man accused of throwing a vodka bottle at the reggae singer during a recent concert in Richmond. The lawsuit, filed June 4 in Richmond Circuit Court against William Connor Lewis, seeks $1 million in compensatory damages and $20 million in punitive damages.

Lewis, 19, faces a felony criminal charge of malicious wounding in connection with the incident, which occurred May 18 at the Dominion Riverrock festival on Brown's Island.

Hibbert was injured when the bottle struck him in the head as he was performing.

Hibbert, lead singer of Toots and the Maytals, was performing the song “Country Roads” at about 10:15 p.m. when Lewis threw a bottle of Grey Goose vodka “with great force and violence,” according to the complaint.

The bottle struck Hibbert in the upper left side of his face and caused a serious tear to his forehead and face, causing permanent scarring on his face, according to the complaint.  The blow left the singer “disoriented and grievously injured in body and mind,” the complaint says.  Hibbert dropped the microphone and left the stage as the show came to a sudden end.  Lewis had been drinking from the vodka bottle and, before he threw it, was seen near the stage on which Hibbert was performing, according to the complaint.

Some people are just assholes.

The first time I saw Motörhead ('87), some idiot threw a cup at Lemmy. I don't think he even noticed it when it hit his leg. The idiot, however, was immediately beaten to a bloody mess by everyone around him. Security probably saved his life.

I guess what I'm saying is I'd like to see more of that. Behavior would change quickly.

Some people are just assholes.

Seriously. Who the fuck would throw a bottle or anything at Toots?!

Bad Karma for Mr Lewis.

I saw the Boomtown Rats in the 80's and Bob Geldof got hit with a bottle  in the middle of "I don't like Monday's". You could see the blood flying out of his mouth as it hit him....He yelled at the crowd for a few..and then went right back to the song...I'll never forget.