Fender Jazzmaster Blacktop?

How do you guys feel about this model? I've heard great and bad. It looks great, feels classic, and sounds great with the JM pickup on the neck and humbucker on the bridge. But I've also heard the bridge itself is crap, and should be replaced, (Nels puts Mastery's on all his guitars) and I've also heard a few complaints about the humbucker being way too hot. I've played it at Guitar Center before and was really impressed, but if anyone owns or has owned it, and would like to tell me what to expect, let me know! I've always wanted a Jazzmaster and am really pumped I finally am able to get one. I just hope its worth the money I'm about to pay for it.

Don't really know your situation or what kind of music or whatever but I would happily play this guitar.  I have to admit I have never played one.  I do like the idea of the single coil sound in the neck and the humbucker in the bridge.  Ultimately, the next guitar I get will probably be a custom shop Jazzmaster but I don't see anything wrong with going with one of these.

As far as style of music goes, I've really been shooting for a Rock 'n roll/alt country thing, as a result of my obsession with Whiskeytown.. I already have a couple of Tele's for the twangy country flavored stuff, and needed something with some kick and gain for the rockers so I thought maybe this Jazzmaster would do the trick. Hoping so!

For $200 less you could try a Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster, and have money left over to put towards an upgraded bridge.   I have one (stock) and I love it.  I had it set up with 11s or 12s (can't remember which) and the bridge feels solid.  I don't bother with the whammy bar, which probably helps keep things stable.

If I had some money to burn I'd love to get a Jazzmaster built by these guys:

http://mjtagedfinishes.com/style_jm.html