"Shake It Off, I'll shake it off. Did you put it up to him, Glenn?"  :lol

Golden ticket winner request: Candyfloss

Always In Love

Sunken Treasure

Far, Far Away

Via Chicago

Impossible Germany

Born Alone

Laminated Cat(a.k.a Not For The Seasons)

Passenger Side

"Is that your pizza?"  :lol

Whole Love

Can't Stand It

Heavy Metal Drummer

ITMWLY (false start) *official retirement of Glenn standing on his drums pre-song... except for Solid Sound*

ITMWLY

-----------------------------------

Encore: 

Shot In The Arm

California Stars (w/ Julian Lage)

Just A Kid  :omg

Dreamer In My Dreams

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great night of music. For sure. I made a lot of requests for Summerteeth, that was awesome that they did it. Something that doesn't show up on a set list is how gorgeous the stage set and lighting is. Beautiful colorful work. And crystal clear sound in an open field. Kudos to everyone involved in the production.

Set was really great, the positive energy from last night and today really seemed to flow into tonights set. I particularly enjoyed the comments about Foxygen. For those who weren't there for Foxygen's set, the lead guy climbed the scaffolding during a song and Solid Sound security was none too happy about it. In a seperate incident, Jeff introduced himself to him and they apparently had no idea who he was, so Jeff was playfully ripping on them a bit. I think he thought it was funny.

Interesting note: 7 Summerteeth songs, 2 YHF songs, ZERO Ghost is Born songs. I was almost convinced they were going to end the show by doing all of YHF in its entirety, just because it seemed weird that they went so long without playing any of it.

Awesome night of Wilco, much better overall than last night. Agreed, the stage & light design were super classy. How about those trains going by during the show, incredible!

Loved Foxygen's nutzy set. Were they really booted or was Tweedy joking? That security dude that pulled Foxygen's lead singer off the vertical steal beam supporting the stage rigging was a major ass by shoving the singer to the ground,wtf!?!

Wow, what an amazing show. The stage/lighting were beautiful and the sound was PERFECT. Excellent set list. I was really hoping they'd do One Sunday Morning given the perfect setting, and sure enough they did - and it was chill-inducing.

This has been such a great weekend. We're starting to feel a bit drained (mostly due to the stress of keeping two small children under control), but still looking forward to today. Honestly though, I wish I knew if there is to be a big finale jam tonight during M.M.&W. If not, we'd probably bail a little early.

Awesome night of Wilco, much better overall than last night. Agreed, the stage & light design were super classy. How about those trains going by during the show, incredible! Loved Foxygen's nutzy set. Were they really booted or was Tweedy joking? That security dude that pulled Foxygen's lead singer off the vertical steal beam supporting the stage rigging was a major ass by shoving the singer to the ground,wtf!?!

I don't think they actually got booted, but who knows? That security guy definitely over-reacted though, it was pretty unprofessional. You wouldn't ever see that from a security person at any other festival/music event.

Saturday was waaaaay too crowded. I think they oversold it. I got a high five from Tweedy at the midnight dinner though, so that made my night. I'm hoping today gets back to more manageable crowd numbers.

Great set, lots of summerteeth, a little disappointed with the lack of GIB songs and too few YHF songs.

The Yo la Tengo set was absolutely amazing.

The Foxygen set brought a bit of old school rockstar chaos to the show. Lots of fun.

Anyone else see the "pop up"'performance of Mark Mulachy and Pat Sansone inside the museum...absolutely beautiful.

Show was really crowded. I heard more then a few people complain about it (especially people that have been to solid sounds in the past)

Indoor bathrooms completely flooded by the end of the night. I hope Mass Moca lowers the amount of ticket holders next year, as I don't think the museum was really built for such a large crowd

I'm in agreement with the overcrowding. There were entirely too many people there, and it seems like all of them were smoking a crapload of weed and talking all throughout the show.

They seemed intent on just killing any momentum they were gaining as soon as they could. (i.e. One Sunday Morning, Sunken Treasure, Far Far Away, Laminated Cat, Passenger Side).  I know a lot of people are more into the more mellow stuff, and I am too given good set placement, but it just felt off to me last night. It reminded me of the Folk Festival show from last year. I guess I was just hoping for more of the "aggressive" stuff, for lack of a better word. 

However, opening with "I Got You" was awesome, as was the inclusion of "Summerteeth" and "Candyfloss". 

Overall, Solid Sound was better this year than 2011 as a whole (Neko Case, White Denim, Mark Mulcahy, Lucius, The Dream Syndicate, and Low were incredible), but Wilco's 2011 performances were better. 

Anyone else see the "pop up"'performance of Mark Mulachy and Pat Sansone inside the museum...absolutely beautiful.

I got a video of Even Better. The audio isn't perfect, but it's something! 

I have a few other videos from the weekend that I'll post on my youtube channel. I caught some of Jeff's banter > ITMWLY as well as At My Window Sad and Lonely, and the Dylan cover from the night previous. 

Ha ha ha...that is me with the yellow shirt and the green hat right in front of you in that video!!

Did you get a video of will you wear my coat? My wife fell in love with that song. Instant fan

I got a video of Even Better. The audio isn't perfect, but it's something!

I have a few other videos from the weekend that I'll post on my youtube channel. I caught some of Jeff's banter > HMD, as well as At My Window Sad and Lonely, and the Dylan cover from the night previous.

Edit: for the life of me, I can't figure out how to embed that video.

I'm the guy in front of you with the green hat and yellow shirt

I'm in agreement with the overcrowding. There were entirely too many people there, and it seems like all of them were smoking a crapload of weed and talking all throughout the show.

They seemed intent on just killing any momentum they were gaining as soon as they could. (i.e. One Sunday Morning, Sunken Treasure, Far Far Away, Laminated Cat, Passenger Side).  I know a lot of people are more into the more mellow stuff, and I am too given good set placement, but it just felt off to me last night. It reminded me of the Folk Festival show from last year. I guess I was just hoping for more of the "aggressive" stuff, for lack of a better word. 

However, opening with "I Got You" was awesome, as was the inclusion of "Summerteeth" and "Candyfloss". 

Overall, Solid Sound was better this year than 2011 as a whole (Neko Case, White Denim, Mark Mulcahy, Lucius, The Dream Syndicate, and Low were incredible), but Wilco's 2011 performances were better. 

Spoke to more than one person who felt the same way about Saturday, including my wife. Not me, I was still so pumped coming off Friday's show. They had me at I Got You (a surprise opener for sure) and never let go of me. I never checked the Bruins score once. there 's no other night that would happen. Maybe I enjoyed the more quiet acoustic based songs so much last night is because the absolutely stunning sound system. The sound has been perfect at every SS. I can't rank 2011's performances as better since Friday night all request was just the greatest thing ever!

It seemed pretty obvious that both sets were aimed at diehard fans , that may have seen wilco multiple times. In fact I feel it's very possible that most of these songs were requested, just like the night beforehand

This weekend was my 10th and 11th time seeing them (8th and 9th for my wife), but it still just didn't impress. Then again, nothing is likely to beat Easter in Providence a couple of years ago. 

I'm too tired now to post anything significant but I just have to say that my experience of the whole weekend was as close to perfect as anything I can imagine. More later, but I'm honestly stunned that anyone could have been disappointed by anything this weekend.

This weekend was my 10th and 11th time seeing them (8th and 9th for my wife), but it still just didn't impress. Then again, nothing is likely to beat Easter in Providence a couple of years ago. 

I was at that Easter show at Lupo's and it was ridiculous! Top 3 wilco shows for me out of 30. My buddy and I got back to the hotel after that show and were kicking the chair over in the room, etc... We were all fired up!

I'm too tired now to post anything significant but I just have to say that my experience of the whole weekend was as close to perfect as anything I can imagine. More later, but I'm honestly stunned that anyone could have been disappointed by anything this weekend.

I'm stunned as well. And nice to meet you and some otherVC'ers Friday, although only briefly.