Solid Sound Night #2

I love how the official setlist on twitter and facebook says that this ITMWLY was Glenn's retirement from standing on his drum stool in the rocker pose before the song starts... It was funny how Tweedy talked about it that night

Yes, Jeff's telling was funny.

Here's some photos of the Last ITMWLY Drum Stand.

SS-2013-IMTMWLY-03.JPG

SS-2013-IMTMWLY-05.JPG

SS-2013-IMTMWLY-06.JPG

Well, we might see it again. Only at Solid Sound and Only at Joe's Field. Jeff said if you see Glenn do it anywhere else, feel free to throw a glow stick at him, or a beach ball. LOL

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Mountain Bed would be grateful if they just retired ITMWLY from the set list period.

Me too. It would be great to see them move on to a new way to close out shows...or actually if it changed every time and wasn't so predictable.

It was clear from Glenn's body language that he really really wants to retire the standing on the drum stool bit. I'm happy for him that he will be able to retire it.

I hope they feel that they can retire the "Jeff and Pat play really close together on the twin guitar part" of Impossible Germany as well, and anything else that they feel they have to do.

Did anyone else see the sign, "Do not stand on drums." near Glenn's earth drums exhibit?

I hope they feel that they can retire the "Jeff and Pat play really close together on the twin guitar part" of Impossible Germany as well, and anything else that they feel they have to do.

Jeff and Pat did sorta look like they were just going through the motions in that section of the song Saturday night.  Just hope Josh doesn't let go of the cowbell routine during Hoodoo Voodoo (or the occasional Don't Fear the Reaper) -- that will never get old for me!

Did anyone notice that the official wilcoworld set list has "Shake It Off" on it despite the fact that they didn't play it? A big disappointment here, been shouting that song since the first Solid Sound.

It was clear from Glenn's body language that he really really wants to retire the standing on the drum stool bit. I'm happy for him that he will be able to retire it.

I spoke with Glenn briefly at the dinner after night 2 and he said he was really, really glad to be relieved of that bit of nightly theatrics. But he did concede that they would likely do it again at Solid Sound and if/when they play in Brazil. :)

• 2 weeks later...
did anyone see this guy on stage w/ Mulcahy?

[img=http://photos.tinnitus-photography.com/img/s9/v91/p1847605673-4.jpg]

That's J. Mascis from Dinosaur Jr and he sat in with Mark Mulcahy during Mark's set which was one of the best shows of the weekend imo. Mark, while originally a New Haven CT guy has been living in Springfield Ma and spending a lot of time in the artsy town of Northampton Ma recording and playing with fellow musicians. J is from the Northampton area as well and the two are friends. Mark sat in with Autumn Defense for a Mulcahy song as well that AD covered I their prior SS sets