AmericanaramA Concert 2 - Tampa, FL 6/27/13

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How early did you line up to be on the rail?

Got there just before 3:30, doors opened just after 4:30.

However - big caveat here - this is Florida, and we had to stand and bake in 90+ heat for part of that...and one young lady almost passed out. So, not surprisingly, there were less than 100 people there at that hour. And those of us who hit the rail by 4:45 pretty much did not budge for the next 6 hours.

I will say that the general admission pit area at this place is pretty big. During the main shows, there were probably 700-800 people behind us. Very cool. And, being an amphitheater, we were (mercifully) out of the sun as soon as we got in.

Nice reportage, Mr. Heartbreak!  Loving the "Dear Prudence" cover.

Thanks, Wendy! And a hearty "my pleasure" to the others who thanked me earlier.

I'm guessing there were no other VC members there, or very few?

Forgot one funny bit of banter, really the only truly funny thing all night. During the MMJ set, it got very cloudy, and there was a very audible crack of thunder during a fairly quiet song - which prompted a John Belushi-esque raise of the eyebrows from singer Jim James. Then there was a bit of rain, the classic Florida thundershower: I looked to my right and could see that it was raining on the right side of the amphitheater...then looked to my left, and it was not raining on that side! Before Wilco came out, one of the ladies in the crowd near us pointed out a rainbow that was visible from the stage. I wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't turned around. So I knew it was there when, during the Wilco set, Jeff deadpanned, "We got a rainbow. I hate rainbows. Overrated." :lol

Thanks. I think we're gonna get in line around 11am Sunday. The show in TN is complete GA. Which is a little nerve wracking.

Thanks for the good report. And :lol at Jeff's rainbow quip.

Happy to oblige. You will have a great spot and a great time!
  • 4 weeks later...

My Morning Jacket:

My Morning Jacket

Circuital

Gideon

It Beats 4 U

Lowdown

Wonderful (The Way I Feel)

The Bear

First Light

Off the Record

Mahgeetah