AmericanaramA Concert 3 Atlanta, GA 6/29/13

Those vocals were all Nels?? Holy cow, I thought it was Jeff. Obviously, I wasn't in the pit for this show, and of course I was dancing around quite a bit. Never even thought to look at Nels during the vocals. Thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately, I am not optimistic about us getting much good audio of the night. Security really was tight. I mean, the guy asked me to empty the pockets of my cargo shorts on the way in, so I can't imagine anyone smuggling in any kind of gear, but who knows? Anything is possible. At least someone documented a bit of it for posterity.

By the way, if anyone goes to one of these and it's in another amphitheater, head back to the lawn during Dylan's set if it's too loud/distorted in the middle. I did it, and the sound back there was excellent. Just an FYI.

Awesome show last night.  Dark California Stars was quite amazing.  Security was really tight in the pit so all I could manage was this photo.  First time seeing MMJ and was blown away.  Weir sounded great and Dylan was good but after Wilco and Jacket blasting their set it was a bit of a come down.  

That's a great photo. Totally blows me away just to see a picture of Weir up on stage with Wilco. A convergence of my musical obsessions I never imagined to see.

That's a great photo. Totally blows me away just to see a picture of Weir up on stage with Wilco. A convergence of my musical obsessions I never imagined to see.

Thanks!  Security made me take my camera back to the car so one of the 40 iphone photos turned out thank goodness.  Asked why and they told me Dylan said so.  :)   Weir seems like a cool cat playing with MMJ and Wilco.  

It'd been a while since I've seen Wilco, but this was my 37th show and my daughter's first. She was really excited to see Wilco in concert for the first time.

We were at stage left about half way up the pavilion, and it sounded muddy as hell. Every band sounded muddy from our seats. Every song sounded muddy. It was a little disappointing but it seemed like a great show. I liked the set list a lot.

We were generally surrounded by people who were just there to hang out with friends and drink. The people in front of us spent Wilco's set with their backs to the band facing us while they looked at pictures on each other's cell phones. I wouldn't have minded except none of them would sit down and we couldn't see over or around them. A nice lady doing security told my daughter she could use a handicapped seat since it was empty and would be unobstructed. So at least she got to see a little bit of Wilco.

We ended up leaving during Dylan's set because an 8 year old can tire early and it appears someone stole my daughter's iPod Touch from our car. They were nice enough to leave her headphones, but her iPod is now gone. Makes me glad we paid $10 so we could park close to the venue.

It'd been a while since I've seen Wilco, but this was my 37th show and my daughter's first. She was really excited to see Wilco in concert for the first time. We were at stage left about half way up the pavilion, and it sounded muddy as hell. Every band sounded muddy from our seats. Every song sounded muddy. It was a little disappointing but it seemed like a great show. I liked the set list a lot. We were generally surrounded by people who were just there to hang out with friends and drink. The people in front of us spent Wilco's set with their backs to the band facing us while they looked at pictures on each other's cell phones. I wouldn't have minded except none of them would sit down and we couldn't see over or around them. A nice lady doing security told my daughter she could use a handicapped seat since it was empty and would be unobstructed. So at least she got to see a little bit of Wilco. We ended up leaving during Dylan's set because an 8 year old can tire early and it appears someone stole my daughter's iPod Touch from our car. They were nice enough to leave her headphones, but her iPod is now gone. Makes me glad we paid $10 so we could park close to the venue.

Oh boy, what a bummer! You did not deserve that, Jesse. After all you've done for this community, karma should have taken better care of you and your daughter.

On a related note, I think that's why I'm always so focused on getting close to the rail at shows, particularly outdoor venues. A big part of it is just wanting to be close to the stage, yes, but also you just don't usually get many talkers up front. You get shoved around and elbowed and stepped on, but at least most people are paying attention to the show.

We were generally surrounded by people who were just there to hang out with friends and drink. The people in front of us spent Wilco's set with their backs to the band facing us while they looked at pictures on each other's cell phones.

This doesn't surprise me.  Atlanta audiences are terrible,  and are the main reason I no longer go to Wilco shows in Atlanta. 

6/29

Hell in a Bucket

When I Paint My Masterpiece

Playin

Twilight Time

The Other One >

Shaky Ground

MMJ (google it)

I Know You Rider w/Weir

Airline

Roses

Ashamed

YAMF

Sunday

Almost

Dark Star>

California Stars>

Dark Star

Always in Love

HMD

Dawned

Monday

Outtasite

DARK STAR!!!  That was my Friday night request!  Actually I had 3 from three different computers, Dark Star, Down By The River and Kingpin.

Oh boy, what a bummer! You did not deserve that, Jesse. After all you've done for this community, karma should have taken better care of you and your daughter.

:cheers  Can't agree more!  Sorry to hear about your misadventures, Jesse.  Hopefully your daughter will remember the joys of Wilco live and forget all the grief.

I was down low on the left side, sound was hit or miss for me. Missed most of Weir, MMJ sounded extremely muddy for most of their set, Wilco sounded much better, Dylan sounded pretty good, only a couple times instruments were hard to pick out. Loved what Wilco played, several songs I hadn't gotten before, only wish they had time for one or two more. Lastly, saw nyctaper reference the existing of a recording on twitter that someone will be posting. Don't know if it is full or not but I'll take anything I can get for now.

Banter alert: after Dark Star, Jeff said, "I didn't see that one coming." :lol

Trying to figure out what he meant by that.  I think he must have been referring to the back into DS after CS?

I thought I read somewhere that Nels sang.  I listened to this, sounded to me that Bobby was singing DS.

Trying to figure out what he meant by that. I think he must have been referring to the back into DS after CS?

I thought I read somewhere that Nels sang. I listened to this, sounded to me that Bobby was singing DS.

I was there and thought Jeff and Bobby were trading lines. Apparently it was Nels.

Wow! Amazing. Kudos to whoever recorded this, and thanks for posting, leatherman.

Edit: at around 11 minutes, you can see how this was recorded: they were back on the lawn where the security a-holes couldn't see them. Pretty good quality on the zoom, considering where they were.

• 3 weeks later...

Dylan setlist:

Bob Dylan

Things Have Changed

Love Sick

High Water (For Charley Patton)

Soon after Midnight

Early Roman Kings

Tangled Up in Blue

Duquesne Whistle

She Belongs to Me

Beyond Here Lies Nothin'