No. 1 tie - Deadly Gentlemen - Roll Me Tumble Me

Waxahatchee - Cerulean Salt 

No particular order

Neko Case - The Worse Things Get....

Great Peacock - Great Peacock EP

Josh Ritter - The Beast in Its Tracks

Mark Mulcahy - Dear Mark J Mulcahy, I Love You

Danny & The Champions of the World - Stay True

I've probably bought more new releases this year than any year since I was in high school or college.  My favorite is probably the Deerhunter record.  White Fence -  Cyclops Reap is good, too.

I was pretty disappointed in most of the Tame Impala record.  Same for the Ty Segall - Twins record.  Or it could be that Ty's just been so prolific that I've gotten fatigued.

Very much looking forward to Cate Le Bon's Mug Museum coming out in November. 

Twins came out last year...you thinking of Sleeper?

This is the first I've heard of Sleeper.  I'll look into it.

I thought Twins was from earlier this year, but I'm over 40, so a year feels like three months to me.

Sleeper's got a heavy Bolan/Bowie vibe...mostly acoustic.

I'd probably like that.  Ty has been getting louder and louder in the last couple of years.  He was so loud the last time I saw him that I quit going to his shows.  I'm ready for a break from that. 

I guess Mark Oliver Everett has lost favor--that new Eels record is criminally overlooked this year.  I think it ranks among his better albums, and is definitely one of my top ten of the year.

A true shame since E hits heights close to his very best work -- Electro Shock, Daises of the Galaxy and most of Blinking Lights -- on it. 

Agreed.  I loved the last one, but can't seem to get any excitement going for this one.

I read somewhere that on some copies of the vinyl version, due to a pressing plant mistake one of the sides is actually a different band.  I need to listen to my copy again and see if maybe I'm hearing some other act for part of the record.

Either way, some of the tunes that are definitely Tame Impala leave me disappointed (but I like a few of the tracks a lot).

Mikal Cronin II is way ahead of almost everything.

The new Laura Marling a distant second.

I actually bought this on the strength of the recommendations here...

Good Call.

When are people/hipsters going to stop drinking PBR?

How about MILWAUKEE'S FINEST? Or LONE STAR?

Cheap swill for the masses...

sometimes you just want a cheap buzz and dont give a shit about taste. its not complicated.

anyway, havent heard too many 2013 albums but ive liked these a lot:

queens - like clockwork

nick cave - push the sky away

deafheaven - sunbather

cian ciaran - they are nothing without us

janelle monae - electric lady

and not a new album but im listening to the reissue of dbt's alabama ass whuppin and liking it a lot

The hipster tag has become ridiculous.  You're a hipster if you drink PBR, but you're also a hipster if you're into craft beers.  Or if you're into wine.  Or fancy cocktails with obscure ingredients.  It's become a meaningless tag that applies to anyone younger than you who wears clothes or eyeglasses different than your own.