Bands with critical acclaim/respect that don't deserve it.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say Greetings,Wild,Born To Run, Darkness and the River run don't deserve critical acclaim. I would put this as the best 5 album run I can think of!

Black Sabbath > Paranoid > Master of Reality > Vol 4 > Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Harvest > Time Fades Away > On The Beach > Tonight's The Night > Zuma

Black Sabbath > Paranoid > Master of Reality > Vol 4 > Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Harvest > Time Fades Away > On The Beach > Tonight's The Night > Zuma

I would add Everybody Knows This is Nowhere and After the Gold Rush to Neil's run.

Well I guess that's where you and Otis Redding diverge.

I would hope that is the only time his name appears on this thread.

Still not computing.

I love the Who, but I don't go around calling them the 'oo, even though that is a sanctioned nickname, and one that makes more phoenetic sense than "the mats." 

Supposedly, their name appeared on a show-poster, or marquee, or sign as The Placemats - the person responsible having heard the name wrong... And that they enjoyed the name, and referred to themselves as such. 

I am in no way the biggest Beatles fan here, but I think the Fabs should be exempt from this conversation. Undeniably the most influential band in popular music in the last 50 years.

For me the '75>present Fleetwood Mac takes the cake. That shit just bores me to tears. And Stevie Nicks' voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Every time I hear it pop up on the radio I always think of the South Park episode with the goat. 

I am in no way the biggest Beatles fan here, but I think the Fabs should be exempt from this conversation. Undeniably the most influential band in popular music in the last 50 years.

Yeah I really thought the Beatles post was a bit..

If your up for it yt gliosoli and the Hoppipolla videos...also on this album one of my all time favorite songs andvari.

I will admit that I've had my opinion changed by watching band videos.  I might try that.  They are a very visually oriented band, from what I hear.

I'm surprised nobody has said Ryan Adams yet.

Flaming Lips

I will admit that I've had my opinion changed by watching band videos.  I might try that.  They are a very visually oriented band, from what I hear.

I'm surprised nobody has said Ryan Adams yet.

Flaming Lips

whoops my spelling was wrong glosoli...

Also Flaming Lips used to deserve it but their last 3 albums were bad...I still have a soft spot for their 1990-2002 output.

Also Flaming Lips used to deserve it but their last 3 albums were bad...I still have a soft spot for their 1990-2002 output.

I actually like some of their music, and Fearless Freaks made me want to like them more, but their tired stage antics turned me away.

I actually like some of their music, and Fearless Freaks made me want to like them more, but their tired stage antics turned me away.

point well taken. I would love for the lips to just play a live show with their instruments and maybe some basic lights.