Songs you can listen to multiple times in a row?

There are very few--like almost none--that I can and do listen to many times in a row. That I feel compelled to play again as soon as it is finished. But this is a thread for your songs... the ones that do this to you.

Me?

This is pretty much the only one right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zInf-88f0Hs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know these days.  This used to happen all the time when I was younger, though.  When I first got my Cure Staring at the Sea tape it took me forever to make it past the first song (Killing an Arab), then I added the second song (Boys Don't Cry) and listened to just those two over and over, then the same with the third song (Jumping Someone Else's Train).

I am not much of a repeater, but I do recall a few instances:

* In high school, I discovered Led Zeppelin (duh, who didn't? what a cliche). I remember being obsessed with "Since I've Been Loving You" and playing over and over. It was tough in those days, I had LZ3 on cassette tape. To rewind took effort!

* Don't remember when this was, but I was mesmerized by Muddy Water's version of "Walking Blues". Repeated that tune.

* I was late to the game, but when I did finally hear NMH's Aeroplane Over the Sea, I repeated the crap out of that record (not one song; the entire LP). Back to back to back.

I am not much of a repeater, but I do recall a few instances:

* I was late to the game, but when I did finally hear NMH's Aeroplane Over the Sea, I repeated the crap out of that record (not one song; the entire LP). Back to back to back.

That's because once you start the album, it is damn near impossible to turn it off until the entire thing has played through, sides one and two.

I'm with others, this doesn't happen with me any more.  When i was younger, yes.  Zep IV over and over and over.

I could listen to pretty much anything by the Dead over and over.

See The Changes-CSNY

Tell Me Why-Neil Young

Wondrous Stories-Yes

Rift-Phish

Jack Straw-Grateful Dead

One Wing-Wilco

Keep On Tryin'-Poco

Guest Don Draper

Everything.  As soon as I have a new favorite song of the moment, I'll rack up 60 listens in a day or two.  I'll go a whole day just listening to the same song.  Silver Jews' "I'm Getting Back Into Getting Back Into You" and "Random Rules" are two that I can't listen to just once.  Paul Simon's "Graceland," Jon Brion's "Ruin My Day," and Bill Callahan's "Too Many Birds" are a good sampling of frequent repeats.