Friend's band is looking for a lead guitarist -- Chicago area

My friend Tim is the leader of a psychedelic band here in Chicago called The Red Plastic Buddha.

A damn good modern psych band that's just finishing recording their 3rd album, but are loosing their lead guitar player and need somebody to take his place.

reference points:

Syd Barrett/Pink Floyd

Roky Erickson/13th Floor Elevators

The Luck of Eden Hall

I am not in this band and not associated with them (anymore -- I was an original member), but I am still friends with the guys in the band and want to help them out.

They are a helluva lot of fun to play with and there is tons of room for improv within the structure of the songs themselves.

Stream the music at http://redplasticbuddha.com to see if it's something you might be interested in.

Great guys, but you really HAVE to be devoted to the whole psych thing and share in their vision. If you do, it could be a really rewarding (artistically) experience for you.

Ask me anything you want about the band if you are interested and I'll tell you straight.

And, you can tweet them @rdplasticbuddha to get in touch with them straight-up.

define "devoted to the whole psych thing"

Tim (band songwriter/leader) is principled to the point of dogmatic and he has a very definite idea in his head as to what "psychedelic" means.

He wants you to be able to improvise, and also to have a pretty extensive pedal board (and complete mastery of said board).

It's all about chemistry and being on the same page.

And rebilac:

oops.

and also to have a pretty extensive pedal board (and complete mastery of said board).

That's you Atticus.. But do you have it completely mastered?  

I only have six pedals on my board. Probably below the requirement.  

That's you Atticus.. But do you have it completely mastered?  

I only have six pedals on my board. Probably below the requirement.  

If you know how to employ them, I'm sure it would be enough.

If you're interested, that is.

Tim (band songwriter/leader) is principled to the point of dogmatic and he has a very definite idea in his head as to what "psychedelic" means.

He wants you to be able to improvise, and also to have a pretty extensive pedal board (and complete mastery of said board).

It's all about chemistry and being on the same page.

And rebilac:

oops.

How many pedals did Syd barrett use?  I'll bet it was three or less.

I streamed the song Daisy Love on their bandcamp, it's pretty good. Sound reminded of the Byrds or those great indie bands who were on the Rainbow Quartz label about ten or so years ago. Hope they find someone that fits their sound. Tell them to hang around a vintage guitar store and grab the first person that checks out a Rickenbacker.