Tweedy Solo Show in KC

Really looking forward to seeing Mr. Tweedy next week in KC. Any chance he'll try out a new song or two? Really hope so.

Not that he gives a rip what a long-time Wilco fan and Wilco concert-attendee like me wants to hear. But, just in case, what the heck....

I'll keep it to 5:

Dash 7

Blasting Fonda

Solitaire

All The Same To Me

Black Eye

Really looking forward to seeing Mr. Tweedy next week in KC. Any chance he'll try out a new song or two? Really hope so.

Not that he gives a rip what a long-time Wilco fan and Wilco concert-attendee like me wants to hear. But, just in case, what the heck....

I'll keep it to 5:

Dash 7

Blasting Fonda

Solitaire

All The Same To Me

Black Eye

I'm hoping some new songs make their way into these solo shows. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. From what I have heard/read they have been working on new material for the next record, so perhaps he will road test a few. I'm seeing him in Denver. Enjoy the show, and as mentioned above, request some tunes on the website!

Thanks for pointing to me Wilco's site. Tweedy's written some really great rock and pop songs over the years. But my favorites of his are the ones that are uniquely Tweedy sounding. Hard to explain...kind of haunting or reflective or mysterious. Songs like I listed above. I could add Hell Is Chrome, Lonely One, Less Than You Think, Via Chicago, Black Eye, Wait Up, Future Age and Radio King.

Side-note. Tweedy's got a good sense of humor, based off of his live banter over the years. Surprised that's not reflected in more of his writing. Passenger Side, Pecan Pie, Bob Dylan's Beard, Heavy Metal Drummer...are there others?

I think his banter has a lot to do with the fact that he's still not always comfortable mixing it up with people and still has some social anxiety to some degree. The funny one-liners are almost a way to deal with an uncomfortable situation, that is, having to talk and interact with people rather than just perform.

Side-note. Tweedy's got a good sense of humor, based off of his live banter over the years. Surprised that's not reflected in more of his writing. Passenger Side, Pecan Pie, Bob Dylan's Beard, Heavy Metal Drummer...are there others?

The Ruling Class, Millionaire (live versions only), Old Maid immediately come to mind...

I have had good luck with them playing my requests from website. Who know if just a coincidence. Gosh, I'd love Chinese Apple at Santa Barbara. I will go add my vote, too.

I've never heard him do that one live myself, and I love it. I'll request it too.

Solo tour kicks off tonight!

Tweedy's got so much great stuff to choose from, it's impossible to think of even one song he'll DEFINITELY play. I couldn't guess. Maybe "Ballad Of The Opening Band", just because it's new?

Regardless, whatever he decides to play will be great. It's cool he goes on these mini solo tours every so often.