Will there be a solid sound in 2014?

I'm sure this has been addressed elsewhere on this forum, so I apologize for this repetitive question.  But any info we have about touring, solid sound, new material, et al....would be great!

Thanks guys, this forum is awesome.

I was told by the owner of a couple of the motels up there that they were told no Solid Sound this year, I would think that's pretty solid intel because SS is their largest weekend, so I could see Wilco giving them a heads up.

It's been said in various interviews that it will pretty much be an every-other-year proposition. I seem to recall an announcement of the 2013 event in the summer of 2012, and date confirmation in late 2012. So yeah, if there was something for 2014, it'd be on their website by now. It's a big event that takes a lot of planning.

I'm afraid it's probably true that we'll have to wait till 2015 for another Solid Sound, but I can't say I'm happy about it. Maybe they'll do another benefit concert for Mass MoCA as part of a northeast tour like they did in 2012. That was a fun, intimate show.

It's been said in various interviews that it will pretty much be an every-other-year proposition. I seem to recall an announcement of the 2013 event in the summer of 2012, and date confirmation in late 2012. So yeah, if there was something for 2014, it'd be on their website by now. It's a big event that takes a lot of planning.

The first SS was announced at the Orpheum show in March, so it's not too late theoretically. But the report of local hoteliers being told no event in '14 has an air of credibility. Bums me out! Sign me up for another benefit show at MassMoca.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, Festheads is NOT reliable. They simply pick up whatever the dates were the previous year and put 'em out there to tantalize and frustrate you. They had it wrong last year, as I recall. At least this time they're saying "projected dates." I don't believe it.

I wish, but I don't think it's happening this year. A friend even called the Holiday Inn and was told that it won't be held this year. I'd take that with a grain of salt, since I doubt they've been told anything explicitly, but I do feel like some kind of a definitive announcement would have been made by now if it were being held.

I thought this was already settled.  They are focusing on new music and recording this year and will do the festival in 2015, no?

Not "settled" in the sense of officially announced. But that is the general sense of the world. Like I said, they did promise an official announcement after the new year.

Wilco commented in a FB post (I think in a Tweedy set list comment) that they would have news about Solid Sound after the holidays.  OK, it's now after the holidays and we're patiently waiting!

It occurred to me that it would be very easy to say, "We're not doing it this year."  So the continued silence has me thinking that maybe, just maybe, they are putting it together for '14.  Wishful Thinking?  Probably, but I'll keep some degree of hope alive until they snuff it out officially.

They already informed the Chamber of Commerce and all the local lodging that this was the weekend, there is a push back, but last I heard this was the weekend.

They won't do 4th of July. Already to big of a weekend in the Berkshires.