Jeff solo at the Vic

Is it weird that Sunday will be my first solo show and I am honestly considering trying to get tickets to these shows?

Not weird at all.  Don't miss out on tix, especially since they are weekend dates.

Hmmmmm...well I have until Friday... let's see, I'd have to not fall in love before Valentine's Day (odds are in favor of this not happening, but you never know...)... and... I am rationalizing that since there is no Solid Sound 2014 that I could make this my big venture for the year for this sort of stuff (knowing full well that a new album & tour might head me into lots of later in the year Wilco show action as well)... 
...oh yeah, and going from March to April would have made me way more likely to go, but heading backwards into Feb. makes it a shakier proposition for me- both of unpredictable Winter travel issues & for waiting in probably even colder/nastier conditions for requests...
...if only I knew he was going to do some east coast solo dates (and that he'd take my ballot stuffing for "Deeper Down" for a NYC or Toronto show to heart), then I could just skip the mulling it over for the rest of the week bizznezz...oh well, it'll be whatever it'll be...and I'm sure I'll get back to the Vic shows someday (whether it's this year, or not), & will see him solo again at some point...and hopefully be catching Wilco shows by later next year with a new album (and apparently a Loose Fur album & who knows maybe tour dates for that)... and there's Solid Sound 2015, but I'm getting ahead of things here, & I digress from my digressing (or would that be from my digresstion) ;)
Just looked at bus/plane fares & schedules & it looks pretty doubtful...but I hope everyone else has a great time!!!! And I look forward to returning some year, or another, soonerer than laterer...glad I got to go last year- it was a blast!!

Hmmmmm...well I have until Friday... let's see, I'd have to not fall in love before Valentine's Day (odds are in favor of this not happening, but you never know...)... and... I am rationalizing that since there is no Solid Sound 2014 that I could make this my big venture for the year for this sort of stuff (knowing full well that a new album & tour might head me into lots of later in the year Wilco show action as well)... 

...oh yeah, and going from March to April would have made me way more likely to go, but heading backwards into Feb. makes it a shakier proposition for me- both of unpredictable Winter travel issues & for waiting in probably even colder/nastier conditions for requests...

...if only I knew he was going to do some east coast solo dates (and that he'd take my ballot stuffing for "Deeper Down" for a NYC or Toronto show to heart), then I could just skip the mulling it over for the rest of the week bizznezz...oh well, it'll be whatever it'll be...and I'm sure I'll get back to the Vic shows someday (whether it's this year, or not), & will see him solo again at some point...and hopefully be catching Wilco shows by later next year with a new album (and apparently a Loose Fur album & who knows maybe tour dates for that)... and there's Solid Sound 2015, but I'm getting ahead of things here, & I digress from my digressing (or would that be from my digresstion) ;)

Just looked at bus/plane fares & schedules & it looks pretty doubtful...but I hope everyone else has a great time!!!! And I look forward to returning some year, or another, soonerer than laterer...glad I got to go last year- it was a blast!!

I can't believe I read that.

http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/homePageSearch.do?method=showPerformanceDetail&performance_id=1777878&search_source=etix

TICKET PRICES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
ADULT:
Ticket Price: $75.00
Fees: $8.66
Order fees: $3.00

GOLD CIRCLE:
Ticket Price: $150.00
Fees: $8.66
Order fees: $3.00

TICKET SALE DATES
ADULT / GOLD CIRCLE: Tickets on sale from Dec 13, 2013 1:00 PM EST to Feb 14, 2014 7:00 PM EST

PERFORMANCE DESCRIPTION
A BENEFIT FOR ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP

THERE IS A STRICT 4 TICKET LIMIT PER CUSTOMER

THIS SHOW IS GENERAL ADMISSION AND FULLY SEATED

TICKET OPTIONS INCLUDE:

GOLD CIRCLE: $150 - GA SEATING DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE STAGE

ADULT: $75 - GA SEATING ON THE BACK OF THE MAIN FLOOR OR IN THE BALCONY

SEATING WITHIN EACH SECTION IS ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS

MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO ATTEND

Yay! Thanks for the heads up, Sue. As usual, I got excited and booked my flights/hotel before securing tickets. I guess it's tradition (and a bit of good luck) at this point...

Same here. Just booked my flights this morning. I guess one good thing about these shows being earlier in the year than last year is that I saved about $150 on my flights compared to last year.

To be honest, the difference between gold and getting there early with regular seats isnt much.  I dont think i've ever gotten there before 730 and have always ended up with great seats.  A few times ended up in the row directly behind the gold circle.

To be honest, the difference between gold and getting there early with regular seats isnt much.  I dont think i've ever gotten there before 730 and have always ended up with great seats.  A few times ended up in the row directly behind the gold circle.

You are correct, you can be sitting right behind someone that paid twice as much. I tend to spend extra and still stand in line for hours, BUT... I figure the extra I pay for gold is for a good cause!