My 7 year old Daughter's request for Santa Barbara Tweedy show

Hi all,

New poster here to the forum.  My 7 year old daughter Haileigh wrote a letter that she asked me to get to Jeff before we go see him in Santa Barbara on Friday.  She asked me to deliver it to him, I explained I didn't know him and she said confidently "I'm sure you'll figure something out."  So here I am...  wondering if there is a way to get a copy of the pic of the card to him or email etc.  Her first ever concert was Wilco at the Hollywood Bowl and her favorite song is Hummingbird so she wrote him and asked him to play it for her on Friday.  At a time when many of the girls in her class love one direction or Justin Bieber it is awesome to me that mine loves Wilco :-)

Anyway, if anyway knows how to get it to him it would be appreciated, it is attached.

Thanks,

Jeff Johnson

Jeff Tweedy Letter.png

Yeah wasn't exactly sure what to do with it honestly.  So I sent it out managment link, posted here on Twitter and on Facebook feed.  Got a nice note back from Dennis at TM management as well.  Can't wait to see the show.  It will be my wife and I, our 2 boys 14 and 11 and my 7 yo daughter.  We all saw Wilco at The Bowl and Haileigh has played Wilco on her ipod ever since but especially Hummingbird, she ADORES Hummingbird :-)  If it were not digital she would have worn it out by now.  When your young child asks you to do something so confidently what can you say lol, you just try your best to figure out how to do it.

Can't wait to see the show and will now be reading more here on this forum.

Thanks all!

Jeff Johnson

Awww.....I sent it to Jeff. Have a great time at the show.

srmt

Sweet & Beautiful!! That's gonna be one pretty happy little 7-year old girl!

And, I concur, Susan sure does ROCK!!!! :)

The kids do love the Wilco, and how marvelous that the Wilco loves them back. :)

Jeff J. & Haileigh, have an incredible time in Santa Barbara! How could Jeff resist a letter like that?!

See you at Largo Judy! I managed to get tix for the last 2 nights.

Awww.....I sent it to Jeff. Have a great time at the show.

srmt

I knew in my heart that Sue would see this and make it happen.

These are really good people.

This is such a highlight of what I have loved about being a Wilco fan...  the other fans.  I have always loved my experiences at the shows of getting a chance to meet and talk to other fans.  Wilco is one of the few bands I will go see by myself because the fans are so much fun to be around that you never are alone at a show.  I got to see them at the Roundhouse in London when I was there shooting a documentary and couldn't get anyone else to go with me, but again the fans there were a blast.

Thanks for all of the cool responses, I will share them all with Haileigh.

More than just cool responses -- since you're new to VC, you might not realize that srmt is Jeff's wife, Sue.

I was wondering if he knew that, too.

More that one person messaged him with the information...(I know. I was one)

Jeff played Hummingbird for her and said it was for Haileigh, then he apologized for some of his behavior, swearing and getting upset etc...  It was AWESOME!  She was really blown away by it.  Such a great night of music.  Mikael joined him on piano. 

Thanks again to SRMT, deep gratitude from a dad.

Just reading that made me smile. What a wonderful way to give Haileigh faith in the good in the world, and in her dad! 

Years ago, when I took my daughter Alissa to her very first rock show at age 8 (She's nearly 18 now), Jeff dazzled her by singing Hummingbird to her. She was already a Wilco fan, but wow, did that ever cement the deal! She'll always love this band.

I'll bet today Haileigh can't wipe the smile off her face or the glow out of her eyes!