Now Reading in 2014

I read Cutler's book a while back and found it pretty enjoyable too. IIFC, the Stones were pretty cold to him when they cut him loose. I'm FB pals with Cutler, the guy is a non-stop poster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started Infinite Jest January 1st.  Finished it yesterday.  Loved every second of it, even the footnotes to the footnotes.  Found it way more accessible than Gravity's rainbow.  Would also have to put it in my top books of all time category.  Even after a solid month and a half of reading it I was in no hurry for it to end.

Now I guess I'll page through this thread and figure out what to read next.

Curious what the dilemma is in this book....

I just started reading it, but I think the book revisits the Pete Rose issue in the post-PED baseball world. I could be wrong but that's my guess.

51M1fKiAitL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I really loved The Interestings, hoping this one is good too.

My neighbor put a couple of boxes of books out on the curb this weekend.  I got a number of things that look like they'll be good reads. I'm starting this one today:

Can't Be Satisfied: The Life and Times of Muddy Waters  by Robert Gordon

513ZI-p-ZSL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

She jumps right to the break-up of her band and marriage in the first chapter. Interesting and insightful read so far.

I read Lena Dunham's book last week. I don't especially get her or even appreciate her television/film work that much, but I'm sort of fascinated nevertheless. After that I re-read a bunch of David Sedaris stuff and loved every word.

I finished that one a few weeks back. I found some of the writing and chapters to be undercooked, like some material was included to fulfill a page quota or something. Also, a few of the stories made her seem like a self-centered egotist, which made it hard to relate to. I'm not sure she would have found a publisher if she didn't already have a successful show on her resume. I still like the show for what it's worth, even if every character is unlikable barring a few exceptions.

"The Drop" by D. Lehane. It's pretty obvious he wrote the Cousin Marv character with James Gandolfini in mind.

Read "The Green Book" last weekend. Neat little kids sci fi book.

Next up, "American Sniper". Maybe.