Is that Obama still President?

I'm concerned that the government might be spending more money than it takes in.

My healthcare seems to have gotten more expensive.

and how about that abortion?!

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but so far, so good.

yeah in making this the most boring thread ever.  

Listen, I know the political threads got a bit contentious, long winded and infuriating  at times, but hey at least they were fun to read.  Now this thread has become boring.  Even the RTT threads are more interesting.  Yawn.  

There are some interesting things going on in the nature of politics right now.  

Anyone care about the lack of action on the Unemployment insurance?

How about Chris Christie's "bridge scandal"

What about Gate's new book?

Or the new Marijuana laws that have taken effect in Colorado.  

Just a bunch of topics that seem interesting.  But hey, let's be boring.   

• 1 month later...

hooray for U.S. District Judge Orlando Garcia!

For some reason my first thought after hearing this is that scene from Full Metal Jacket.    

Hopefully that will come to other States as well, looking at you Wisconsin.  

Also what the hell is going on in Arizona?  Heard a bit of Hannity trying to rationalize this law.  Which made my head spin.  My hope is that Jan Brewer will do the right thing and veto it.  But she seems kinda flaky and so far right, I don't hold much hope. 

I will be shocked if Brewer doesn't veto the bill. It's not just George Takei making threats, a lot of large companies have publicly expressed their opposition to the law.

It's be amazing if the superbowl pulled out.  

^ which the nfl has strongly hinted it could do, as it did when arizona voted against recognizing mlk day years ago

these laws are irredeemably awful but i kinda hope they pass somewhere, just because the inevitable outrage when a christian is denied service for being a christian (and has zero legal recourse cuz of their own asshole leaders) will be too good

I read the existing Arizona statute and the proposed changes.  what a murky fucking set of words.

at this point I have trouble deciding whether I want republicans like the Arizona governor to do the right thing, or do the idiot thing so that it can get bitch-slapped by a federal appeal.

Its time for some state to pass one of these horrendous laws and see where it gets them. The world is changing fast and the financial, social, and political fallout will be interesting. Go for it Arizona. Let's make life interesting.

LouieB