Thirty Four (34) days until pitchers and catchers report.

The circle remains unbroken...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go, Go White Sox!

One thing going for them going into this year - it can't get any worse. Still surprised they got rid of Addison Reed - the only bright spot last year, though he did blow some games, too.

Really looking forward to seeing how the Ranger's experiment works.

The pitching staff should be really solid (Darvish, Harrison, Holland, Ogando and Perez)...and if the stealthy John Daniels works a deal for Tanaka...sheeeit.

Fielder should have a nice recovery in that park...bad divorce behind him and that home run porch was made for left handed power hitters.

We'll get to see if Profar is the real deal.

And the countdown for Joey Gallo making his major league debut begins...looking for him to be ready some time in 2015, maybe 2016.

Really looking forward to seeing how the Ranger's experiment works.

The pitching staff should be really solid (Darvish, Harrison, Holland, Ogando and Perez)...and if the stealthy John Daniels works a deal for Tanaka...sheeeit.

Fielder should have a nice recovery in that park...bad divorce behind him and that home run porch was made for left handed power hitters.

We'll get to see if Profar is the real deal.

And the countdown for Joey Gallo making his major league debut begins...looking for him to be ready some time in 2015, maybe 2016.

What experiment?

I'm looking more forward to when Jorge Alfaro is ready.

As the joy of Christmas fades and the cold darkness of another 2 months of winter are ahead, my joy grows when I hear the words pitchers and catchers report.  34 days is a long time.  

But right now every fan believes their team can win the world series and it is a joyous time to be a baseball fan.   

What experiment?

I'm looking more forward to when Jorge Alfaro is ready.

I'm hoping Alfaro lives up to his billing. The Rangers haven't had much luck  lately with grooming catchers in the minors

I do not feel this way.

I feel sorry for you.  

Hell, I am life long Cubs fan and every year I think they can win the World Series.  Is it rational, hell no.  But really nothing about baseball is rational.  Baseball is about hope.  

It is a haunted game, where each player is measured by the ghosts of those who have gone before. Most of all, it is about time and timelessness, speed and grace, failure and loss, imperishable hope, and coming home. - Ken Burns' Baseball

Hell, I am life long Cubs fan and every year I think they can win the World Series.  Is it rational, hell no.  But really nothing about baseball is rational.  Baseball is about hope.  

Baseball might be about hope, but I'm about logic.  I know they won't win the World Series this year.

Why? The Cubs will be bad again this year, and I'm ok with it. The plan appears to be sound to me.

There is something about spring time, a renewal, a rebirth.  It fills me with hope.  Baseball is the most romantic, illogical sports, but yet grounded in just pure hard facts.  Realistically the Cubs have very little chance of winning the World Series.  But as a fan, can't I hope?  It makes me happy when I think about what could be, and that this could be the year.  And why not?  Their is a faith that is required.  I just get so happy on what could be.  Without that hope, that faith, it makes the winter much shorter.  Wishing, waiting and thinking about baseball makes me happy.  Baseball is a religion to me.  I guess the reason I feel sorry is cause that childlike naivety is gone, replaced with the cold hard crushing facts.  And when you only have the facts and there is no hope, there is no point.  

I mean, I fricking love baseball and I love my Cubbies.  Sure in mid July when they only have won 25 games I will be bummed, but you know what I will start thinking about?  Next year, because if not this year, it is always next year.    

The Texas Rangers will be without left-hander Derek Holland for up to three months because of a damaged left knee.

Holland injured the knee in a fall at his home on Tuesday morning. He underwent surgery on Friday to repair cartilage damage and clean out the knee. General manager Jon Daniels said the club expects Holland to be out possibly until the All-Star break.

“I am devastated by this injury,” Holland said in a statement provided by the club. “It was a freak accident at home that resulted in a hard fall on my knee. As upsetting as this is, my goal is to begin rehab and get back on the mound as quickly as possible.”

Daniels said the club was confident that when the injury occurred, Holland was not engaged in any activity that would violate his contract.

Holland was 10-9 with a 3.42 ERA last season. He led the club in starts with 33 and innings with 213, both career-highs.

Daniels said the club will not invest in a “big ticket” pitcher to replace Holland. Japanese right-hander Masahiro Tanaka is currently the top available free agent. He reportedly wants a deal worth about $100 million over six years.

The Rangers have already been looking for rotation depth and will continue to do so, Daniels said. They will also look in-house for a replacement. Daniels listed left-handers Robbie Ross and Michael Kirkman and right-handers Tanner Scheppers, Nick Tepesch and veteran non-roster addition Jose Contreras as candidates

The Rangers now have three injury problems in their rotation. Right-hander Yu Davish had reported back problems late in the season, and left-hander Matt Harrison is returning from back surgery that limited him to two starts last season.

In addition, projected fifth starter Alexi Ogando has had difficulty staying healthy as a starter. He went on the disabled list three times last season because of various arm woes.

This is not good.

Wow.

After watching the 60 Minutes Piece last night, my opinion has changed 180 degrees.

162 may not have been enough.

I'm not convinced that the league is really cleaning up. The technology of biomedical science is far outpacing the ability to test.

I am hoping and praying that Pujols and Ortiz aren't juicers who are still juicing. I don't think I could stand that.

What experiment(s)?

Profar at second for a full year. Choice in the bigs as a fourth outfielder. Moreland as DH, part time OF and 1b relief.

I probably should have said transitions.