• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll be corrected at some point I'm sure.

It's been a bit of a rough Spring for the Rangers, but I can't wait until Monday. I can't wait to see the young arms in the rotation. And I can't wait to see Prince hit at the Ballpark. I'm so glad baseball is here.

Have we made predictions yet?  Opening day is a mere 2 days away.

AL East

Boston

Baltimore

NY

Toronto

TB

AL Central

Cleveland

Detroit (WC)

White Sox

KC

Twins

AL West

Seattle

Angles (WC)

Oakland

Texas

Houston

NL East

Philly

Atlanta (WC)

Mets

Washington

Miami

NL Central

St. Louis

Cubs (WC) - A fan has to have some hope right?

Cincinnati

Pittsburg

Milwaukee

NL West

Dodgers

SF

San Diego

Rockies

Arizona 

AL Playoffs

WC: Detroit over the Angles

ALDS: Boston over Detroit

ALDS: Seattle over Cleveland

ALCS: Boston over Seattle

NL PLayoffs

WC: Atlanta over Cubs

NLDS: St. Louis over Atlanta

NLDS: Dodgers over Philly

NLCS: Dodgers over St. Louis

World Series:  Boston over Dodgers in 6.

Have we made predictions yet?  Opening day is a mere 2 days away.

AL East

Boston

Baltimore

NY

Toronto

TB

AL Central

Cleveland

Detroit (WC)

White Sox

KC

Twins

AL West

Seattle

Angles (WC)

Oakland

Texas

Houston

I couldn't really make any National League predictions, but I definitely disagree with your AL choices. The West will come down to Texas and Oakland again, and I would have to reluctantly give the edge to the A's. Tampa Bay is easily a playoff team, if not the East winner. And I don't see anyone challenging Detroit in the Central.

Wild cards will probably come down to Boston, New York, Kansas City, Texas, and maybe Cleveland.

what

Prolly my most random in NL.  Though for some reason and I have no basis I just like the Phillies this year.  

I couldn't really make any National League predictions, but I definitely disagree with your AL choices. The West will come down to Texas and Oakland again, and I would have to reluctantly give the edge to the A's. Tampa Bay is easily a playoff team, if not the East winner. And I don't see anyone challenging Detroit in the Central.

Wild cards will probably come down to Boston, New York, Kansas City, Texas, and maybe Cleveland.

It really is all kinds of random this year for me.  Especially in the AL, being an NL guy.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Darvish is a tough pitcher to hit and all, but the Red Sox look awful at the plate tonight. And for most of the season, for that matter. The have 3 guys in the lineup right now hitting .229 or below, and the best average in the lineup is .284 (Napoli). Ouch. Meanwhile, their opponent, the Rangers, have 3 guys hitting .312 or better in the lineup tonight. Guess who is winning....

The Ranger have 9 shutouts so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tony Gwynn dies at the age of 54.  Apparently from cancer as a result of smokeless tobacco use.  

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2014/6/16/5814710/hall-of-famer-tony-gwynn-dies 

I can't think of a compelling argument to keep smokeless tobacco in MLB. I am surprised it has not been banned already. Looks like the Player's Union did not agree to a proposal to do just that in the last round of bargaining: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/03/06/tobacco-chewing-nasty-habit-still-kicking-mlb/nZDZK9LOFDlr0MFj9X1WkO/story.html

• 2 weeks later...

The Red Sox are painful to watch.

They have one player hitting over .275.

Drew, hitting .135, is making a cool 10.1 million dollars. Jackie Bradley, Jr. is hitting .209. Even Pedroia, at.262, is having an off year so far.

Yeah, they have had injuries, but the two players who are rehabbing in the minors (Victorino and Middlebrooks) are hitting .242 and .197. Oh, and those two just stopped their rehabs today because they are re-injured.

They are pretty lousy right now. But there is a bright side - ticket prices on Stub Hub will likely come down enough so that regular joes can go see them. Go see them be lousy.

The Red Sox are painful to watch.

They have one player hitting over .275.

Drew, hitting .135, is making a cool 10.1 million dollars. Jackie Bradley, Jr. is hitting .209. Even Pedroia, at.262, is having an off year so far.

Yeah, they have had injuries, but the two players who are rehabbing in the minors (Victorino and Middlebrooks) are hitting .242 and .197. Oh, and those two just stopped their rehabs today because they are re-injured.

They are pretty lousy right now. But there is a bright side - ticket prices on Stub Hub will likely come down enough so that regular joes can go see them. Go see them be lousy.

It's been a weird season to watch them.  They pleasantly over-performed last year and they are surprisingly under-performing this year.  I knew they would miss Ellsbury at the top of the order but their offensive problems are greater than that. 

• 3 weeks later...

i dig the "Forever Young" performance honoring "all-star"  teachers at the All- Star game in Minnesota tonight.. 

I wonder if Bob is aware- he's a huge baseball fan. I bet he approves!

GO NL!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...