Tweedy solo announced for Mountain Jam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on NFF... I wish they'd release a few of the artists! 

I went to Newport for the first time last year, totally worth it. Though Mountain Jam is always fun as well, and the lineup looks pretty stellar. Tweedy, Umphrey's, Jonathan Wilson, Lucius, Trampled by Turtles, Moon Taxi...

I went to Newport for the first time last year, totally worth it. Though Mountain Jam is always fun as well, and the lineup looks pretty stellar. Tweedy, Umphrey's, Jonathan Wilson, Lucius, Trampled by Turtles, Moon Taxi...

Mountain Jam looks good, but maybe too festival-y for me. There's something about Newport and Solid Sound that feel more relaxed. NFF is likely, but damn are those 3-day passes expensive! 

Mountain Jam looks good, but maybe too festival-y for me. There's something about Newport and Solid Sound that feel more relaxed. NFF is likely, but damn are those 3-day passes expensive!

Yeah, and not knowing the lineup in advance doesn't make it any better. I'm thinking of picking up some tix for Saturday...

It was a leap of faith for sure.  Their lineups have been so good for a few years now, so I went for it.  I was kicking myself last year.  I'm pretty sure I could sell them if the lineup is disappointing.

Plus, lodging is always a challenge, so I want to get that done as well.

It was a leap of faith for sure. Their lineups have been so good for a few years now, so I went for it. I was kicking myself last year. I'm pretty sure I could sell them if the lineup is disappointing.

Plus, lodging is always a challenge, so I want to get that done as well.

I grabbed 4 for Saturday. Couldn't do all three days, unfortunately. Hoping for a good lineup, but as you said, unloading them should be easy enough if it's not interesting.

REALLY hoping that this means some east coast Jeff Tweedy Solo Acoustic dates!!!! I'm waiting on this one...it's a 4 hour drive & I'm not sure how long a set he'll be playing. I like some other artists, but I'm not blown away by the rest of the line-up. I do have a number of friends who are going- so that part would be fun.
This one is a wait & see, & maybe later for me, but I still might go...like I said- REALLY hope it's a sign of him doing more east coast solo shows!!!!

is it NY state law that Weir and Haynes have to play Mountain Jam every year?

I do believe that it may be NY state law that it rains at Mountain Jam every year.  I've considered going in the past; but have always been relieved when the weekend rolls around because there always seems to be thunderstorms.

I want some WILCO! I'm starting to worry about when those boys will ever get back in the Loft together and get back out on the road. It's been too long. I miss 'em.

I've had the impression from various Instagram and FB postings that time has been spent in the Loft laying tracks.  I thin Nels wrote on FB several weeks back that he was in the Loft recording guitar tracks.  I would love to see some tour dates, I'm in need of several Wilco shows.

maybe jeff will be hitting some small/ mid-size festies on the coast this summer???

C'mon DELFEST!!!!

and shame on me for using "festies" in a sentence....I know better.

i still have a weird crazy vibe about Jeff at Delfest on Memorial Day weekend (this will be my third). I was trying to dream up some bluegrass arrangements of Jeff's tunes and came up with too many ideas.

So I googled "Wilco Bluegrass' and actually found a record made by some band and/ or complilation on Amazon called "Pickin' on Wilco" from 2004,

Cheap, I only listened to some samples.

and the Delfest/ Tweedy dream I have came into focus!