Tweedy solo announced for Mountain Jam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be more inclined to go if they had single day passes. It is about 2 hours away, but not sure I want to spend all that dough for a 90 minute set.

That's how I feel. I'm less than an hour away but am not really interested in this festival and have never gone to it. A friend who works a food booth at the festival told me that they offer single day passes but I couldn't find any listed. Maybe they hold off on that until the event gets closer. I'm not sure. 

they do offer single day - but later.

I went the first time on a lark, and ended up having a fantastic time! Newgrass/ bluegrass/ folk and Americana. Plus not so big. My full blown 50k+ festival days are loooong gone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Initial Delfest lineup announced today- no Jeff.....

I am sad and I am happy.......maybe it was just..,  a.., silly,  dream of mine.

Wishful Thiinking, indeed.

Mavis Staples was just announced for Newport.  Is it too early for me to start hoping for a Jeff Tweedy announcement?

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/120729/Newport-Folk-Festival-2014-Nickel-Creek-Mavis-Staples-And-More

and the legendary Mavis Staples are set to play Newport on Sunday, July 27. Mavis's set is billed as "Mavis Staples & Friends" and organizers have announced that with the help of special guests they will celebrate "75 Years Of Mavis" throughout the weekend

• 4 weeks later...

So I googled "Wilco Bluegrass' and actually found a record made by some band and/ or complilation on Amazon called "Pickin' on Wilco" from 2004,

Cheap, I only listened to some samples.

I have that CD. Some of the worst banjo playing in the history of bluegrass music. This is a fairly mediocre album in general.

LouieB

Do we know what day of Mountain Jam Jeff is playing?

I wondering about that myself...I love Derek Trucks & The Tedesci-Trucks Band being there was the next most interesting thing to me...now that Derek Trucks factor has doubled as The Allman Brothers have been added as a headliner & they are playing both "Idlewild South" & "The Allman Brothers Band" (their first two albums) in their entirety. This ups the ante a-plenty for me. I just hope that Jeff solo & Tedesci-Trucks Bnad get long sets, and/or headliner status. My other hope is that if Bob Weir drops in for anything on Jeff's set, then maybe Jeff would do do one with Ratdog.

Yeah - it is murder getting weekend hotel rooms in the Hudson Valley during the spring and summer months.

I did finally find a place right on Main St, the whole upstairs apartment.  Not too expensive.  The lady renting it said they still haven't rented out the downstairs yet, so if anyone is looking for a place, let me know, I can get you in touch with her.

Already have.

You could try looking in the Woodstock or Saugerties area or Phoenicia even. They are a bit of a commute but there are many airbnb listings in those areas that I'm sure wouldn't be booked up yet. They are fun towns to visit and have better restaurants, etc. than the Hunter area. 

I did finally find a place right on Main St, the whole upstairs apartment. Not too expensive. The lady renting it said they still haven't rented out the downstairs yet, so if anyone is looking for a place, let me know, I can get you in touch with her.

Glad you were able to find a place!

That's gotta be the first Phoenicia, N.Y. reference on VC ever.

Hey, me too! Class of 1990.

Really?!  Class of 91 here.  I lived in the yellow house next to the Pink House.

I have a vague recollection of that house, but pretty much my entire New Paltz experience can now be classified as a "vague recollection." :) Was just there last Friday; had a good lunch at the Main Street Bistro and almost stopped in to buy a bong at Kon-Tiki.