Tweedy solo announced for Mountain Jam

Any back issue of High Times circa 1990 will have The Pink House in top 100 or 50 or whatever it is they have on the last page.  It's possible I haven't looked at a High Times since.  I drove through town a few years back but didn't stop.  I'll have to this time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still pretty much recognizable as the New Paltz of old. The college now takes itself much more seriously now (they'll kick your ass out if you get caught with weed even once) and things are busier and slightly more New York City-fied, but a lot of the old standbys are still standing by: Bacchus, P&G's, the pizza/ice cream place.

I was more of a Bacchus girl than a P&G's.  What was the place with the alley entrance right next to the pizza place on the corner?  I used to go there too, mostly because they had good music and let me in even when I was underage.

One time, some stupid drunk chick sprayed her mace inside P&G's.  I hated that place.

Used to be called Coochie's; now it's Cabaloosa - spent many evenings there myself. I hear you about P&Gs - whenever I went there I always got drunker than I intended and always got beer spilled on me. Snug's is still around too.

I hope you two don't suddenly remember that one time, after last call, when your bleary eyes met across a crowded room, and. . . never mind.

That actually almost happened to me once. The new HR director at the company I worked for was talking about his days growing up in Va. Beach, we discovered we were the same age and I was from Norfolk, and after a lot more conversation we found out we had once double dated. Him with his gf, me with my bf, thank god! But small world!

New Paltz was a decent-sized school with a lot of different social cliques and subcultures. My friends who went to Bard and Vassar, for instance, they know plenty of people who they went to school with. Whenever I run into anyone who was at New Paltz the same time I was and I did not know previously, we invariably know no one in common. So while it is certainly possible RJ and I were in Bacchus at the same time or perhaps attended the same Modena Madhouse party, it is likely we do not know each other.